Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,541 Posts
Kind of expected "100% Chad Polished Ceramic" when compared to "100% Virgin PTFE".

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ah yes, we need the meme /r/mousereview setup of absolutely no control whatsoever here too....

·
Not new to Overclock.net
587 Posts
How thick are these?

·
mfw
8,643 Posts
Ah yes, we need the meme /r/mousereview setup of absolutely no control whatsoever here too....
Mousereview loves to chase glide (which is not bad in theory, but they go too far). I've actually read posts from people saying they use grease or polish on their custom 100% virgin PTFE slab or whatever new hyped up hardpad is the best that month.

I think the true endgame of mousereview is an actual air hockey table and a puck fitted with a sensor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just put mine on right now theyre fantastic with the ROG scabbard, low static friction and consistent glide. I also bought an ascended cable for my Cooler Master MM710 as its pin compatible with it, as the stock cm cable is too heavy if youre swiping hard you get a whiplash effect on low friction surfaces.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
In case anyone hasn't figured it out, Glorius' 3360 has LOD set WAY TOO low where it gimps tracking compared to actual good 3360 implementations like the Sensei 310. If you want any of those Glorius mice to track remotely decent, you have to use a white mouse pad (the white color gives higher LOD). And no, manually setting LOD in the software doesn't help, just makes tracking worse for some reason. Somebody did some seriously amateur crap with the LOD on that mouse because no other 3360's have this issue.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Mousereview loves to chase glide (which is not bad in theory, but they go too far). I've actually read posts from people saying they use grease or polish on their custom 100% virgin PTFE slab or whatever new hyped up hardpad is the best that month.

I think the true endgame of mousereview is an actual air hockey table and a puck fitted with a sensor.
I sense they've just adopted one single style of play, and only using aim trainers as a baseline for outright game performance. So they cheese the scenarios best with no friction, and think it'll translate.

Then, when it doesn't, blame friction and polish the hard pad again.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,511 Posts
If you want any of those Glorius mice to track remotely decent, you have to use a white mouse pad (the white color gives higher LOD).

No worries, have some Artisan's packed away for such usage :thumb: .

·
mfw
8,643 Posts
I sense they've just adopted one single style of play, and only using aim trainers as a baseline for outright game performance. So they cheese the scenarios best with no friction, and think it'll translate.

Then, when it doesn't, blame friction and polish the hard pad again.
I find aim trainers is a lot like schools teaching to the test. It's always been much more useful for me to practice aim in its relevant context. You know, "playing the game." I know I'm old, but it just works for me.

·
Overclocker
11,399 Posts
I find aim trainers is a lot like schools teaching to the test. It's always been much more useful for me to practice aim in its relevant context. You know, "playing the game." I know I'm old, but it just works for me.
They can be useful for warm ups and some non scientific wanna be testing. A twitch shooter trainer more than aim anyway, reaction warm up.
Similar to how you see Starcraft players spamming the keyboard pre and during starting phase of the match, to "warm up". Because they micro manage the crap out of the game with very high APM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts