Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.gizmag.com/e-fuel-microfusion-reactor/16382/

Quote:
A lot of people try to lessen the load on the local landfill by putting their organic waste in a compost heap, but soon there may be something else they can do with it - feed it to an E-Fuel MicroFusion Reactor. The new device, so we're told, takes cellulosic waste material and breaks it down to nothing but sugar water and lignin powder within two minutes. The lignin powder can be used by pharmaceutical manufacturers (although it's not clear how you'd get it to them), while the sugar water can be distilled into ethanol fuel. That's where one of E-Fuel's other products, the MicroFueler, comes in.
Can't wait till people have their own roadside ethanol stations.
It'll be just like my favorite show Corner Gas, except not everybody is Canadian

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
So this would make 100% ethanol? Which would make it even worse on rubber fuel lines/o-rings/gaskets than standard gasoline.. or even E85?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
So this would make 100% ethanol? Which would make it even worse on rubber fuel lines/o-rings/gaskets than standard gasoline.. or even E85?
it and possably die

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Almost 100% efficient...haha that hover car in Burnout Paradise seems to be becoming a reality! :lacken:

·
Registered
702 Posts
You call it an E-Fuel MicroFusion Reactor.

I call it a backyard still.

Home-brew some cheap beer, mix in some ethanol for an extra kick... pour into forty-ounce bottles, wrap the bottles in brown paper bags... who needs Olde English?

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
Ummm you do realize.... ethanol is made 100% pure before it's... it's what? mixed with gas? OOOooo they must have a mix ratio set up or something, that's got to be it! That and every pump here tells you it's 10% ethanol your pumping and I'm pretty sure they are planning on the same thing.

I also knew some people who worked on the ethanol plants around here... Shots of pure ethanol.... Oh the stories would make you wonder why we really invented it! lol

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
It'll be just like my favorite show Corner Gas, except not everybody is Canadian

Oh dear god, you actually like that show?

I'm all in favour of pushing ethanol fuel, but there's no excuse to invoke Corner Gas.

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroomboy
View Post

Ummm you do realize.... ethanol is made 100% pure before it's... it's what? mixed with gas? OOOooo they must have a mix ratio set up or something, that's got to be it! That and every pump here tells you it's 10% ethanol your pumping and I'm pretty sure they are planning on the same thing.

I also knew some people who worked on the ethanol plants around here... Shots of pure ethanol.... Oh the stories would make you wonder why we really invented it! lol

Last I knew they only put 10% gas into it so it would become poisonous so people wouldn't be trying to drink the stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post
Last I knew they only put 10% gas into it so it would become poisonous so people wouldn't be trying to drink the stuff.
Ummm the people who work at the refinery have access to 100% pure ethanol, they are the people who handle it right out of the distillery. Where I live we have refineries across multiple areas, being a farm state we have an abundance of the **** due to Corn crops.

It's 10% ethanol per gallon of Gas, check the pumps.

[edit] We were also one of the first states that provided ethanol in our gas.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac the Geek View Post
You call it an E-Fuel MicroFusion Reactor.

I call it a backyard still.

Home-brew some cheap beer, mix in some ethanol for an extra kick... pour into forty-ounce bottles, wrap the bottles in brown paper bags... who needs Olde English?

sig material, man!

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post

Yes! There IS another person who loves Corner Gas!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I love to see the explosion when some thing goes wrong with one of these distillers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts