Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I bought this game last night on steam and what a great port.
Font Sky Electronic device Display device Electric blue

Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Technology

Font Rectangle Screenshot Multimedia Darkness

Water Boat Watercourse Plant Tree
Shooter game Water Cg artwork Art Event
Cg artwork Shooter game Art Event Darkness

a Frame cap from the first 20 seconds of the game when you grab the log and take it to the boat.

Product Rectangle Azure Slope Font

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
Having a blast. 4K HDR 60+ fps no problem on my 3060 Ti.

Playing on the hard difficulty and the enemies feel like damage sponges. That’s my only knock on it so far. Beyond that, I love the look and feel. Retrieving your axe after throwing it is insanely satisfying. The audio (design / sound track) is fantastic too.

I’m really glad Playstation/Sony are acknowledging the value of bringing their brands to PC. Not only that but also porting them with all the bells and whistles. No weird compromises or bottlenecking.

Odd note but it was a little funny to realize I was playing GoW with an Xbox controller.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having a blast. 4K HDR 60+ fps no problem on my 3060 Ti.

Playing on the hard difficulty and the enemies feel like damage sponges. That’s my only knock on it so far. Beyond that, I love the look and feel. Retrieving your axe after throwing it is insanely satisfying. The audio (design / sound track) is fantastic too.

I’m really glad Playstation/Sony are acknowledging the value of bringing their brands to PC. Not only that but also porting them with all the bells and whistles. No weird compromises or bottlenecking.

Odd note but it was a little funny to realize I was playing GoW with an Xbox controller.
What settings are you running to do 60 fps at 4k on a 3060ti?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I started playing it this morning. I tried out HDR on my ASUS PG329Q for the first time with this game. It looked so good I went back and tried horizon zero dawn in HDR and it looks amazing.
To be honest I am finding some of the enemies pretty tuff, the fast guy with the tattoos near the start was very frustrating.
I guess my twitch reflexes are not what they once were. :cry::oops::D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started playing it this morning. I tried out HDR on my ASUS PG329Q for the first time with this game. It looked so good I went back and tried horizon zero dawn in HDR and it looks amazing.
To be honest I am finding some of the enemies pretty tuff, the fast guy with the tattoos near the start was very frustrating.
I guess my twitch reflexes are not what they once were. :cry::oops::D
lol ya this guy Baulder didn't want to die.
Flash photography Cg artwork Chest Action-adventure game Fictional character

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
What settings are you running to do 60 fps at 4k on a 3060ti?
I did “High” on everything, “Ultra” reflections. Quality DLSS (1440p).

Playing with Steam Big Picture so I can’t see the framerate but its +60fps for sure.

Water Wood Art Bedrock Trunk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did “High” on everything, “Ultra” reflections. Quality DLSS (1440p).

Playing with Steam Big Picture so I can’t see the framerate but its +60fps for sure.

View attachment 2542947
I think the steam in game fps counter should work in big picture more.
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Software

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
It doesn’t. I can download Fraps or play the game without big screen mode and let you know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn’t. I can download Fraps or play the game without big screen mode and let you know.
Post a screenshot of your settings also maybe helpful for others on the same GPU.

• Rep+
Reactions: Slaughtahouse

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
@Lionvibez

3060 Ti / 4K Settings

Screenshot Rectangle Font Electronic device Software

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Software
Font Screenshot Rectangle Electronic device Multimedia

Troll Battle Results

Avg: 72 fps
Plant Helmet Tree Headgear Wood

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Sky World Tree Television set Art

Additional context:
  • First boss in the game... no real spoilers here.
  • Log is 300 seconds. I died once about 80 seconds into the battle (large spike is loading screen).
  • Using Gsync with LG TV.
  • Screenshots don't capture HDR metadata. That's why they're lacking colour. See cellphone photo as example of real life quality.
  • 3060 Ti UV settings are in sig / unofficial 3060 Ti thread here.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
Honestly, who uses fraps in 2022?

Afterburner is superior.
I have MSI afterburner for my undervolt but the overlay (and logging) does not work on my system. I’ve tried to reset to default settings, rebind the toggle, and reinstalled the software but no luck. I haven’t used fraps in years but… it simply works.

I can also just ‘not’ run the game in Big Screen mode and the built in frame counter will work.

If anything, im going to try that software the OP shared to log framtime.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can get it here.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,139 Posts
Thanks. Post updated. Going to actually play now instead of info gathering. Hope this helps your thread :)

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,804 Posts
I havent even played this game yet. Glad it is on PC. Instead of playing on PS5 I will play on PC. Wish I did the same with RDR2.

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts
Played the first couple of hours today on a 3080 Ti / AW38" Ultrawide / 3840x1600 all ULTRA settings with DLSS "Quality" setting as opposed to 1:1 non DLSS. I personally found the DLSS "Quality" setting to give better sharpness to textures and the FPS boost was around +15 to 20FPS on average. Other users I've spoken with report the opposite.

Overall, I am totally pleased with the port and the work Sony's team did on it ... especially the UW support. I also played a good bit on my LG C1 48" and other than the obviously better contrast and HDR, didn't find it overwhelmingly better than the Alienware 38" Ultrawide so most of my time was spent on the AW. An interesting thing that was when playing on the LG C1 4K, I could also chose to play at 21:9 aspect ratio which perfectly replicated the UW experience and the perfect black of the upper and lower black bars made it feel very natural. Just like a larger AW UW but with OLED and really top notch HDR ... though I had to do some extensive tweaking on the HDR settings with the C1 (lowered default of 50/50 to about 35/38 with the HDR slider so the image wasn't so dark).

Here's about 20 minutes from earlier today on the 3840x1600 Alienware 38":

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts
You can get it here.

Thanks for that. I've been wanting to find an app like this to add to the toolbox.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts