Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subarashii Mortal
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is DRM? How does it affect you and the games that you buy? The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. To help you understand what exactly DRM is, we've launched https://fckdrm.com
Fckdrm.com

Twitter Announcement

Not sure about that name but... it's interesting.

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,882 Posts
From the footer of that webpage:

If you're the owner of a 100% DRM-free source and would like to be featured here, please reach out to [email protected].
Ahahahahahaha

·
What should be here ?
5,734 Posts
This seems immature, but considering they had made similar puns in Witcher 3, this isn't surprising.

·
Subarashii Mortal
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This seems immature, but considering they had made similar puns in Witcher 3, this isn't surprising.
Indeed kinda immature but it's funny at the same time.

I guess it's also a good way to get more attention towards it.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,793 Posts
I always look at GOG first to see if they have the game before looking elsewhere. Hopefully more people do this and ignore Steam/ORIGIN/UPLAY/etc...

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,521 Posts
I always look at GOG first to see if they have the game before looking elsewhere. Hopefully more people do this and ignore Steam/ORIGIN/UPLAY/etc...

Same here for the past few years and I don't use the optional client either.

This is a good initiative, and including the links to other DRM platforms besides games is a good idea. I find it humorous that they decided to provoke Gabe Newell by including a quote from him. Not that games distributed through Steam necessarily have to have DRM, but not only does it allow it, to the point of several layers in fact, but it's how it started (some credit to him, the older Valve games no longer have it), but this is the Gabe Newell who doesn't seem to care if companies like Rockstar remove dozens of songs from games that people bought around ten years ago (GTA IV and the Episodes). Yes, not only the current version on sale now, they applied the patch to everyone and since you can't have games not patched to the latest version on Steam, everyone got the same treatment. This is another facet of this lack of control and kill switch that GOG is talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts