Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, check my current rig specs, and i'd like to keep my current psu/hard drive if possible, case and etc. well psu for sure.

i want the best mobo i can get for 260$ max or may be 290$ (680i?)

but i am not sure what to get?
i don't think i will be going sli, but if the mobo has sli, that is fine i guess. also i am looking for a good ocing mobo, so make sure it's capable of it.

please find me the following:
mobo and ram. for cpu, i will get 6400.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...d=pl&id=MB.157

also, you can use www.tigerdirect.ca, but don't use newegg
, thanks

·
Banned
342 Posts
My vote goes for the P5B Deluxe. Saves you some money and a great oc-ing board if SLI isn't required. Works well with the alleendale c2d's as well. Gigabyte DS3 is another option, but depends on your feature requirements.

As for RAM, identifiy your target 6400 oc, work out the ram speed on the 1-1 divider and buy RAM that is proven to run at that speed, whether it be overclocked DDR800 or w/e. Worst case scenario would be to stretch to a 680i mobo and then have to stick the RAM on a divider.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While all C2D boards are having issues of some kind, I'd stay away from the 680i. They run hot and require a chipset fan, which is lame in my opinion.

I've had great luck with 965 boards. Can't really go wrong with the DS3/DQ6 or the P5B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.