Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
This thread has inspired me to push my 3700+'s suicide... my 3.1 Suicide was only 1.55 volts. I must push it farther.
It's to bad my Ultra-D undervolts like mad (my 1.504 volts is set as ~1.55 in the BIOS)

Edit: Rusty, Suicides are only dangerous if you pump like 1.9 volts through it or something. As a general rule, go no higher than 1.7, no matter what the temps.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Namrac I think my board undervolts as well! Just push the bios a lil bit more then you should get what you want. Instead of 1.55 and getting 1.50 put 1.6 and the outcome will prolly be around 1.55

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeRoToXeN

Namrac I think my board undervolts as well! Just push the bios a lil bit more then you should get what you want. Instead of 1.55 and getting 1.50 put 1.6 and the outcome will prolly be around 1.55

You would really want to make sure of that- .1 of a volt is a fair bit.
Your best bet is to get a meter and have a look at the "real" readings.

Don't guess too much with Vcore as with a slip just to far with settings and the CPU might just decide to give up. They are not designed to run at those voltages but only can with adequate testing, be prepared to destroy any equipment that is being over-volted

Just a freindly warning.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hey any one know what I could possibly get if I got a W/C setup? I've been wanting to get one for a while, but I'm not sure cuz the temps with the BT are nice in my eyes. I just wanna know what ppl get with a w/c setup. Convince me

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Hey any one know what I could possibly get if I got a W/C setup? I've been wanting to get one for a while, but I'm not sure cuz the temps with the BT are nice in my eyes. I just wanna know what ppl get with a w/c setup. Convince me

Air cooling is better. Ask bigval

·
Premium Member
29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

Air cooling is better. Ask bigval

Tuniq? Now that's a whole other deal.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
Tuniq? Now that's a whole other deal.
Great cooler indeed, if you can find them

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Nerotoxen, 我祝贺您在您的以技术的胜利。但, 什么是以具体化?

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Bump Nero, lets start clocking this machine again

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
hollly crapo

what an oc

u knwo thats faster then an e6400 on single core applications lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well guys when I get 'er cleaned up (wife smokes by it) and the new HDD's in raid TONIGHT!!! I might just have to see what she'll do...
again!

Are you going to use the NVRAID ? I have a theory that the extra load the raid array puts on the chipset have an impact on the overclocking potential of the cpu .... and since you're doing mad clocks you are the perfect candidate to prove it

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
MAN

I just read through EVERY page in this thread... what a great thread, and a great O'clock - esp seeing that its with AIR cooling.
I can just imagine what you could accomplish with Liquid Cooling! 4.0gHZ maybe

1.7v doesnt sound all that high to me.. but it must be with these Newer chips.

(I'm still stuck in K7 Days) 1.7/8 was nothing lol.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Grim you're still kickin' it old school, lol.

That's an amazing clock, especially for air. Good luck on the RAID and such

61 - 80 of 90 Posts