Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm at 52C Load, Stock cooling + As5. I want to go all the way.
GOAL= >>>>>>>>{2700mhz 300FSB * 9}<<<<<<<<<<<
I'm broke right now but have some strong determination, and I'm already halfway there. I was thinking of removing my IHS to drop my temps to make it the rest of the way. If I do I've heard that the cooler don't fit on the cpu right. So how do I fill that gap?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Sand the plastic mount around the socket if it doesn't fit right.

I doubt your mobo will like 300FSB. Mine doesn't. Due to heat and lack of volts. Had to add a 60mm fan on the passive NB cooler just to be able to bench at 300HTT. Can't do more than 303HTT.

Get some better cooling on the NB if you wan't to keep it 24/7 if it randomly shuts off even though your temps are in check. Sucks that the biostar boards don't have a sensor on the NB. Can't tell if it heat or what.

Lots of people are having the problem with it, and a 40mm or bigger fan fixed it for a lot of people.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
CPU?

@ 2.7Ghz
37C (Idle)
53C (Load)

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Whatever it takes to get good contact.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Just go to lowes...

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
...I would hope so.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Very nice.

I'm too chicken to do it to my chip.

Let me know the temp difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
****!!!!
I just went through hell. I sanded the retention down so that it was perfect but when I went to reatach it the screw broke. Of course I tried to turn it on. 3 sec's of power then a beep then no power. I started looking for a screw to fit it in my heap of old mobos when I realized I have another Biostar 6100-m9(DEAD). So I took the screw out and now I'm up and running. All this to shave off 2C too.....

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Just sounds like you need to shave more to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts