Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says, I ordered a new sli dr and it will be here tomorrow, now the question, should I completely erase my hdd tonight, or just re install windows over what I now have on my hdd??? I have backed up the info I want to transfer . And does anyone know a good free program that erases completely???

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
wait more than 15 minutes?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tatted_taz

I figure a fresh install is in order, just looking for comments

If you're switching nF4 mobos of the same brand then you should be fine just switching. I switched from an Ultra-D to an Expert and back again without any problems. DFI Street also recommend that this is okay as well.

·
Banned
151 Posts
DBAN will wipe out EVERYTHING on your hard drive if that's what you're looking for. Just Google DBAN...not hard to find.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Yea, reformat just incase. I mean its basically the same board with SLi Enabled, but its a MOTHERBOARD, there's only been one time that I didn't reformat when I changed motherboards and it was a complete disaster. Even the change of the name of the motherboard in the registry's directory can have a bad impact, so just reformat and eliminate problems with having a pre-used os.

·
Premium Member
20,531 Posts
Yup I agree, reformat. I've tried (unsuccessfully) several times to cut corners and paid for it.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
You won't have to reformat or reinstall windows. I switched my ultra d with an sli d with no software modifications needed.

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

i still don;t know why you didn;t just mod the mobo to be SLI-DR....oh well....

You can only mod it to an SLI-D and not an SLI-DR, BTW. And as for not modding his board, there's no SLI bridge and the Ultra-D modded to SLI will only output about 80% of the power that the true SLI-D outputs.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate

You can only mod it to an SLI-D and not an SLI-DR, BTW. And as for not modding his board, there's no SLI bridge and the Ultra-D modded to SLI will only output about 80% of the power that the true SLI-D outputs.

Where did you get that figure? I'd like to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.