Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the classifieds or any other board really make that much difference as far as overclocking, and which one should I get? I will always only run 2 cards max, ie 2 4870x2's or 2 5970's etc, so either board will suffice as far as x16 lanes for me... I just want to have the most overclocking potential and don't mind paying the extra cash for it... I like the bloodrage, but you just cant find the damn things, also like the rampage II but those are out of stock at newegg right now as well.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
It does make a difference yes, it should overclock higher, and more easily, but I think you'll be let down with your cooling before you notice the difference.

If you built a water cooling loop, then I'd recommend the Classified.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going water.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
The something like the Classified would probably do wonders for your maximum overclock. With a good water cooling loop, (at least a triple radiator, something like the RX360 or BIX360) then (depending on your CPU) I think you could probably hit 4.6GHz+

However, get the new loop first, and see if youc are impressed by your P6T's overclocking ability under water. If you're not, then get a Classified.

Although, I just had a thought: Does the Antec 1200 accept E-ATX motherboards?

Edit: No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. That rules out the Classified for you.

Edit for the second time: If you're only going to run two cards, and you don't mind being limited to 6GB of RAM, then the Foxconn Bloodrage seems to be the motherboard for you. With a quick and easy vmod, they can run Core i7 920s at ~4.8GHz 24/7 under water.

gbrilliantq - a member here has that setup.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But you can't find the dang bloodrage mobos anymore. Newegg quit selling them

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But which classified board was that in that build?

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts