Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've got a compressor from a water cooler that I no longer use, and would like to modify it to use as a cpu cooler. Any suggestions on what I may need? I am using water for cpu cooling now, and I know the piece that sits on the cpu is called a water block. What is the block called on a phase change system, and where can i get it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tell you what...

I'll post pics of the project in process for all the advice you're all willing to give. But then again, I guess that doesn't matter cause I'll be posting them anyways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can send you a pic of the water dispensers condensor, but that probably wouldn't be too interesting...

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
make sure that you do plenty of research on putting everything together, really if you have a decent mechanical/plumbing background its very easy you jsut need the few tools and other stuff to do it and a little time, there are some really good links that i can get when im not too tired to look for them

other then that good luck and make sure that you have a talk with thewaxshop if hes still around, him and jinu are like frozen guru's

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
o ok somen pm whit info if that is allowed srry for hijaking the tread * hits self*

if this phase turns out good for you mayby evryone will start buildign one i have a compressor for a refridurator do you think that is good enof?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts