Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well now that its winter time and we dont have the AC running anymore my pc seems much louder than it used to be. Im thinking of getting the Fractal Design R3 Arctic White and 7 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450s. This will be enough for both front, bottom, rear, side and P/P on my H50. How does everyone thing this will sound? Right now I can hear my PC from about 15ft away with the fans on low. Since I have it on my desk about 2ft away from me and when Im doing anything but gaming it gets rather annoying. Any thoughts on this would be great.

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Sounds awesome, why the one fractal fan though, is it for the H50? TBH i think your better off with a whole system of typhoons, least they'll all sound the same

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't plan on using any of the fractal fans actually. I'm just hoping that NCIX gets back to me about the case since they don't seem to have it in stock. It seems kinda strange that I'm going to be spending more on fans than I am the case (as long as shipping doesn't rape me). I thought it was a good idea and at least on paper it sounds like it's going to work.

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
I don't plan on using any of the fractal fans actually. I'm just hoping that NCIX gets back to me about the case since they don't seem to have it in stock. It seems kinda strange that I'm going to be spending more on fans than I am the case (as long as shipping doesn't rape me). I thought it was a good idea and at least on paper it sounds like it's going to work.
Not the only one who thinks fans are overpriced then

I just got a 4-pack of CM fans, their more than quiet enough for me, my GPU on the other hand may as well be a jet engine right next to my ear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts