Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the gf are signing up with sprint this week and Im trying to decide which phone I want to buy.
She is dead set on a Photon, which I think is awesome but the iPhone 4S also has my eye. Both
are solid phones from the reviews I read and I dont really see anything else there that catches my
eye. Any opinions on these phones at all? I guess it really comes down to if I either want iOS or
Android.

Photon:

iPhone 4S:

Also, does the photon play music well? I know the iphone does a good job since its just a better ipod.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Epic 4G Touch, you can get it for $80 at Amazon. It is currently the phone with the best specs that's out besides the Note. It has a solid size screen, fast CPU, one of the best cameras, good GPU, and comes at a good price. The Sprint version of the Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch) has a larger screen, notification light, and capacitive keys instead of a hardware button.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
$99 iphone 4 if you're going the iphone route. do you really want to pay an extra $100 for siri? because that's all you're getting. yeah, it has a dual-core processor, but you won't notice the difference, at least with how iOS is optimized nowadays.

i say get the iphone 4, and wait 20 months then get whatever's hot with your next upgrade.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
1000% Epic 4G Touch. It was my favorite phone available, even AFTER the GNexus launched. (I bought mine in early December and love it)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have the HTC Arrive and have to say the sound quality is amazingly good on even cheap headphones and the integration with the Zune software and Windows comes in handy. Also has a physical keyboard which I really like over a touchscreen.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post

Epic 4G Touch, you can get it for $80 at Amazon. It is currently the phone with the best specs that's out besides the Note. It has a solid size screen, fast CPU, one of the best cameras, good GPU, and comes at a good price. The Sprint version of the Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch) has a larger screen, notification light, and capacitive keys instead of a hardware button.
The above is what I would do. But if you really want the iPhone then pick that up instead. Otherwise your going to regret not having went with Apple.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Well Android vs iOS is pretty much customization and modding vs simplicity and more gaming support.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I hope people realize that you can't get the Galaxy Nexus with Sprint.

@OP: I'd go with the Photon or the Epic 4G Touch. I've played with both of them and both are surprisingly awesome. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Epic 4G Touch.

• Rep+
Reactions: Fullmetalaj0

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok now I got 3 options I like, Iphone4s, Photon, or Epic Touch. How is the epic touch with music? Whatever I get is going to replace my ipod so I want to make sure ill be able to listen ok.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

I hope people realize that you can't get the Galaxy Nexus with Sprint.

@OP: I'd go with the Photon or the Epic 4G Touch. I've played with both of them and both are surprisingly awesome. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Epic 4G Touch.
Sprint is getting Galaxy Nexus soon based on leaked stuff.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Are there any Windows phones on Sprint? I just watched a video review of the HTC Titan and that thing looks really sweet compared to my GNex. Too bad Verizon doesn't have any good Windows phones.....

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would personally love a windows phone, but alas I didnt see none. But I do see amazon offering great prices on the Epic touch and photon so I might buy them thru Amazon with the sprint service. I think I decided on the epic touch, it seems to be better then the photon (no kick stand but meh). Can anyone confirm it does come with 16gb of memory?

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Get the epic 4g touch, or wait for the GNexus. Or if you want an iPhone, get that, but I think Sprint is the worst carrier to do so on.

btw, gnex is coming to sprint summer of this year.

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
I just got an upgraded phone with my Sprint services and my choice to go with the iPhone 4S was a solid move to maintain my iTunes investment. I'm glad I did. Very little learning curve because it's the iPod essentially with phone features and extra galore.

Location services & any email accounts, alarms, notes, calendar, along with camera HD 1080p movies, pics, all sync with my computer easily.

The amount of apps that one can utilize is a huge perk. Netflix, YouTube, Skype, just to name a few. I can't compare much with other phones but having this has made me very efficient in my day to day tasks and keeping organized with all the info I need at my finger tip.

You won't regret it. Apple has a solid device in the iPhone and strong support with major options to expand through applications. Good luck. I'm sure there are a lot of great products and I can reccomend the iPhone 4S to anyone.
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: Fullmetalaj0

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetalaj0 View Post

i would personally love a windows phone, but alas I didnt see none. But I do see amazon offering great prices on the Epic touch and photon so I might buy them thru Amazon with the sprint service. I think I decided on the epic touch, it seems to be better then the photon (no kick stand but meh). Can anyone confirm it does come with 16gb of memory?
Uhh the HTC Arrive is a Windows Phone on Sprint... Comes with 16GB of storage and works like a charm.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts