Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Linux Evangelist
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source

They have 33 days left to go with €3.5K pledged towards their initial €40K goal.

Find it on Kickstarter. Also another with a Steam page already up to follow along. If you don't plan to pledge, it still could end up being a good game to stick on your watch list.

"You can't sue us Nintendo because it's NOT Zelda. We have an extendo pointy stick so it's clearly NOT Zelda. Our hero is doesn't wear a hat so it's clearly NOT Zelda. Not TOUCHING, CAN"T GET MAD. NOT TOUCHING, CAN'T GET MAD!"

·
in da freezing hell
314 Posts
Interesting game, nice look.

I'll think about backing it ... But Steam/Linux is only a secondary platform ... Not sure they'll make it.

·
Linux Evangelist
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting game, nice look.

I'll think about backing it ... But Steam/Linux is only a secondary platform ... Not sure they'll make it.
I have a feeling that it will end up on Steam for WIndows. Linux people may have to WINE it.

·

29,532 Posts
Given the recent news of Steam Play and based on the wording of the article it makes me suspect they're not gonna be providing a native port, which I think is disappointing. Their Kickstarter campaign also has 0 mentions of Linux.

However, looking at their Steam page, it does list required SteamOS specs which says Ubuntu 12.04/SteamOS, so nobody knows for sure.

·
Linux Evangelist
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Given the recent news of Steam Play and based on the wording of the article it makes me suspect they're not gonna be providing a native port, which I think is disappointing. Their Kickstarter campaign also has 0 mentions of Linux.

However, looking at their Steam page, it does list required SteamOS specs which says Ubuntu 12.04/SteamOS, so nobody knows for sure.
The company itself doesn't know for sure as far as I can tell. So far the only thing that they are really stressing is Nintendo Switch. Windows is a second priority which probably puts Linux in at fourth after Apple, or maybe we get lucky and they aren't Apple fans so we're third. Guess it all boils down to whether or not the game sells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts