Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says its a 19" Hyundai Imagequest Monitor, 1600x1200, VGA input. It's a good monitor, i got it from overclockers about 3 years ago for over £100. Winner will either collect from my house in Southampton or pay for courier delivery (its heavy).
The monitor is in good condition apart from the image sometimes goes yellow, you just have to hit the side and it flicks back to the normal colours.
Any questions please ask.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
I would grab it, but the cost to ship the damn thing over the Atlantic is more than buying a new 19" CRT or LCD locally...lol.

O, and what's the refresh rate at 1600X1200? My 17" will do it at 60hz and my 15" won't do that res at all

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hmm, if you want a CRT, check out your local library or school or University or something. They probably have a couple of old ones that they couldn't get rid off when they switched to LCDs.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it can do 70Hz at 1600x1200. It is a much better screen than your average library computer.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
I'll take it off your hands. I want to take it apart.

Is there anything potentially life threatening inside them i should be wary of?

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Can i take it apart at your house.

I don't want to have the mess in mine

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

I'll take it off your hands. I want to take it apart.

Is there anything potentially life threatening inside them i should be wary of?

Yes, lol. theres a big rubber bung thing at the back of the ray tube - do not go under that unless you know what you are doing. It can hold a considerable (read:lethal) amount of charge for quite a while.

EDIT: For CRT related pain stories red more here - http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4759

Quote:

Nothing life threatening! Just come round and get it, its all yours!

Reminds me of krusty in the Simpsons episode where homer gets a free Trampolene.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
yeah nothing lethal except a bunch of lead, mercury, probably a bunch of other carcinogens... formaldehyde, etc.

plus, you could cut yourself on the tube if you were to break it.

on the bright side, if you use common sense, you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O rite, nice to know Coffee, cheers!
Alex, i'd rather you did it at yours, but if you must then you can take it apart here!

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Taking into account i am a ****** and there are numerous potentially lethal chemicals inside this thing, i might pass.

I'll take apart my TV remote instead.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
It does seem like an unnecessary risk to my life. I'll give you a fiver to put your tongue in there Rob.

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

Taking into account i am a ****** and there are numerous potentially lethal chemicals inside this thing, i might pass.

I'll take apart my TV remote instead.

Take it apart when It's on. You'll be in for a SHOCK.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3xw1z4rd View Post
OT appears to be quite a few people from southampton on here lately ^^ not found anyone else from portsmouth yet >.<
I was down in Pompey the other day sailing. It's pretty much the same as Soton. Loads of Pompey guys come down to Soton for Officer Training. Might go out there one night.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We will visit there to get lashed up in playzone in a few months Alex.
Looks like i'll just have to bin this monitor then i guess.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Playzone, 6th Feb. Drunk. Be there.

Talking of drunk, Gordons @ 8.00pm Bob. Mike had dinner here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts