Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion77
View Post

Do quad cores score higher in 3dmark06?

A lot more *at the same clocks*

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice score m8 I see you breakin 13k with a bit of tweaking.

I get 13,970 so far , im trying to break 14k but 06 HATES 4850 !
Vantage is a whole diff story though , bwhuhuhwhuwaa

·
:)
11,146 Posts
that is really good for your system! wow! Try to oc your cpu a little more and and gts! you will break 14k
btw if you can run your ram at maybe 1000mhz 5-5-5-15 that may give you some extra points aswell! Dont know why ocing the ram gives a better score for someone, but its worth a shot

• Rep+
Reactions: ENTERPRISE

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers mate. Well I will try and get my CPU higher...however I could not get it very stable past 3.66 really. I am not sure if I have hit this CPU's limit or not. As for my GTS I am thinking I may be able to push the core higher but not completely sure I want to push to hard. I have seen people at 700+ with the core though.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
View Post

Cheers mate. Well I will try and get my CPU higher...however I could not get it very stable past 3.66 really. I am not sure if I have hit this CPU's limit or not. As for my GTS I am thinking I may be able to push the core higher but not completely sure I want to push to hard. I have seen people at 700+ with the core though.

well do like the rest of us maniacs! Do a suicide run, with a maybe 1.55-1.6v and oc like hell! when you are done with the test put it back to where it was
I got my friends E6750 up to 3.8ghz with 1.5v with a P5Q, so there is hope! Its really not a big deal if you push your GTS much for 20-30 min, I have done this with all my cards, and they work just as good after the test

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I cannot afford a suicide run as I have not got the funds right now to risk it...plus I would like to stay at the higher performance level. I may see if I can take the GPU core to 700 and CPU to 3.7

1 - 20 of 31 Posts