Overclock.net banner

Good Alternative For CPU cover?

669 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  r31ncarnat3d
I have to ship a q6700 today and was wondering if anyone knows of a good alternative to the regular cpu cover as I have lost the original. I have the original box and plastic carton but no black cpu cover.

I was thinking about backing it with a piece of anti-static plastic and a thin piece of cardboard but I don't know if that's a wise idea
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
If you have an anti-static bag, just cut out the corner of it and wrap the CPU in that. Then pack that in the clear plastic case. Good to go. Done it myself many times in the past without issues.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
If you have an anti-static bag, just cut out the corner of it and wrap the CPU in that. Then pack that in the clear plastic case. Good to go. Done it myself many times in the past without issues.

Perfect

Thanks for the info. rep+
See less See more
I just use foam from a mobo etc. I put the CPU in an anti-static bag and put it in a little envelope I make from the foam.
I wrap the cpu in a piece of an anti-static bag and then cover it up with bubblewrap
I cut up a piece of anti-static bag, or even paper, to cover both the top and bottom of the CPU. I then wrap the whole thing in electrical tape (the paper on top prevents adhesive from sticking to the IHS), which both keeps the bag/paper in place and absorbs shock
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.