Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If you aren't happy with onboard, get it. I'm fine with onboard, though. Great deal and good find anyway!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Just a N00B View Post
Im just getting it to free up the CPU a computer geek I know told me it takes up 10 to 15% of the CPU to run sound
I dont think sound eats up that much cpu power.
When gaming, it wont tax the cpu.
Onboard audio will steal maybe 8% of the cpu +- depending on the game

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
While it is a major improvement compared to onboard, it's not worth the price to me. I just feel it's too expensive (even at sale price) for what it does compared to other cards. My biggest gripe with the card is that it automatically resamples your music from 44.1KHz to 48KHz when the DSP is used and there's nothing you can do about it. And since it resamples everything, there's no feature for bit-perfect playback which is very important for perfect sound reproduction. Also, Creative is known for including a lot of bloatware with their products.

The Audigy 4 is cheaper than the ZS (Doesn't include I/O drive though) and it's basically the same exact card except it has a slightly better DAC which bumped the SNR from 108dB to 113dB.

There still better choices unless EAX HD is that important to you (which you should just get an X-Fi for then).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.