Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am finding parts for my beginners custom water loop and looking for a reservoir, all I find are ones that go into your 5.25" bay. My case does not have any 5.25" bays (NZXT H440). So what would you guys recommend, that is a good price, quality, and great for beginners. A reservoir with a pump connected is fine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Reservoirs aren't a particularly vital part of a loop, but there are some options that are better than others. I would take a look at the EK X3-Res options or the Bitspower Multi-Z is another popular option. A higher quality offering would be the Aquacomputer Aqualis line, but the first two would be just fine.

They make different sizes of each one, so just be sure that you pick a length that will fit in the case. I know the Bitspower and Aquacomputer have special tops that allow the pump to be mounted directly to the reservoir, but it's not necessary to do it that way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You might also want to look at the XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank Reservoir, if you are using a D5 pump. I had that res in my first loop and I liked it. Looks good and is easy to work with. Pretty inexpensive too at about $35.

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
@loganizer make sure you have space to mount that inside your pc. Spend some time to find out the total specs of that tube reservoir, like total height, length and see inside your case how you would mount it and the tubing shouldnt face too much bending etc. Looking at the case i think i couldnt judge the spacing The best place to mount it would be somewhere between the motherboard and right side drive area.

Now that tube reservoir is a good one and has received good reviews and there is a 170 one of that also so choose which will suit you better.

cheers
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.