Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i need a budget gaming card around 90-100$. i Cant pass the 100$ mark
. anyway i need the card that can atleast pull decent framerates at a resolution of 1900x1200. games like tf2 and l4d2, mostly source games, not that demanding.
if i have to buy used or open box thatll be fine.
thx
 

·
Guess I'm Back
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102824

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggnikkaz View Post
is it possible to get a 260 or a 4870 around the 100$ mark? or is that too much to ask.
Probably not unless you find someone REALLY desperate for the money. I wouldn't count on it. GTS250/HD4850 is what you'll be looking at.
 

·
Guess I'm Back
Joined
·
3,667 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ggnikkaz View Post
so the choices are the gt250,4850, how about the 8800gtx or the 9800gtx?
Out of budget. Get the 4850 in my link above. the 1gb version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ggnikkaz View Post
so the choices are the gt250,4850, how about the 8800gtx or the 9800gtx?
GTS 250 and the 4850 would be the top contenders.
The 9800GTX+ is the same as the GTS 250 in terms of performance.
The 8800GTX is quite outdated and the previously mentioned cards are a bit better than it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
9800GTX+ and GTS250 are identical.

9800GTX+ is an upgraded version of the 9800GTX, which was identical to the 8800GTX.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so my best choices are the 4850 and the gts 250.

also are the 1gb versions much better than the 512mb versions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,629 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ggnikkaz
View Post

is it possible to get a 260 or a 4870 around the 100$ mark? or is that too much to ask.

Maybe used if you are lucky. I recommend that you save more though and get a 4870 or a GTX 260.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129
View Post

9800GTX+ and GTS250 are identical.

9800GTX+ is an upgraded version of the 9800GTX, which was identical to the 8800GTX.

That's nice to know but what about prices?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ggnikkaz View Post
hi guys, i need a budget gaming card around 90-100$. i Cant pass the 100$ mark
. anyway i need the card that can atleast pull decent framerates at a resolution of 1900x1200. games like tf2 and l4d2, mostly source games, not that demanding.
if i have to buy used or open box thatll be fine.
thx
ya dude Buy a used 5770 in the for sale thread!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coupe View Post
ya dude Buy a used 5770 in the for sale thread!
Who's selling 5770's for $100? I'll take ten...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top