Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Thats a great card for sure. It's pricey. You better get that $50 mail in! It looks like a good overclocker forsure. Huge fan and heatsink. Look into some 6600GT's and 6800's aswell, shop around!

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Good find roberto. Take on that 6800, awwwwwesome card! The only thing that really matches the 7800 series are the X1800 series from ATI. I'd buy that 6800 for sure!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm willing to pay more money, I was just looking around and saw that one and thought it looked nice. So if you guys could suggest some nice cards that would be great.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reberto

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814122235 This one sounds pretty good.

Pixel pipes almost completely determines the performance, thats only 12 pixel pipes. the powercolor x800gto has 16 pixel pipes and good mem/core clocks(if you absolutely insist on ATI) but a better card would be an evga nvidia card around that same price.
look for;
pixel pipes
Core clock
Memory clock
CO(=Cu=copper) cooler(if your keeping stock)
and an SLI card would be 1337
and of course interface

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Hmm depending on how much your willing to spend check out a GTX. The speeds on that 7800GT are awesome, but I OC my core to that much! You might want to look into a 7800GTX

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Core clock isnt everything. Look at some benchie results from ur card compared to the GT. I bet the GT will have about 3 times better results.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
True, I'm not comparing my card to a 7800GTX! What I'm saying is for speeds they are not as high as they could be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts