Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that right now i'm saving up for a built but i cant decide which case to choose -.-

Anyone know of a case that's good for a first build?

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm willing to spend like $160CAD, and i'd like something that looks good, and with a sidewindow =]

(I live in Canada so no NewEgg for me... *<\\3*)

·
Banned
6,776 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Antec are good cases. Lian-Li. Most cases are pretty good.

What are you looking to put in it?
First off, what type of motherboard? ATX, MATX, ? That will reduce the field some.
Next, are you someday going to Water Cool or not with this case? Probably not but that will eliminate some more.
How many drives are you looking at? That will probably be the big divide. Also, what kind of drives? Will you need or want a lot of exposed drives? How about stealthed drives?
Front panel flash drive and chip slots? Floppy? Fan Controllers?
Is this going to be a high performance rig, so you need lots of air so you will want lots of fan mounts?
Is quiet important? If so, check out Silent PC Review.
Are you looking for something fancy? With windows, lots of styling?

All these questions will either eliminate possibilities or steer you towards a type or size or shape. Just be honest with yourself. There are probably 20,000 different cases available, if not a lot more, so you will most likely find exactly what you want and need, if you can decide what it is you want and need.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to answer your questions, i'm looking to put in:
ATX mobo
1 optical drive (and get another later, so 2 in total)*
1 HDD (and get another later, so 2 in total)*
Probably no water cooling, since this will be my first build.
Floppy drive\\mediacard reader combo
A side window,
Good airflow
one 7900GT (and get another later, so 2 in total)*
And something that looks nice.

*(Since i dont have much money i'm buying the minimum in optical and hard drives, and when i get more money after i will buy more. Same for gfx card, when i get more money going SLI)

I've been seeing this case everywhere now, and to say the least it looks like a freaking Ferrari.

What do you guys think?.. ^_^ '

ASUS VENTRO 3600 Mid-Tower ATX

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait nvm my last post that case's got a bunch of bad reviews.

What about the Thermaltake Armor\\Armor Jr. Case?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
The Armor is a great case. A lot of us use it here on OC.net me being one of them. Its a case that will never run out of space. However they can be a bit pricey and you must get the 25cm side fan.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...ftec/index.asp

The server case is larger then a Armor and a quarter of the price, I am not kidding when I say this is a massive case. When people talk about big cases however they speak of the Armor and CM Stacker and seem to leave this one in the shadows. Will allow you to save the extra cash to get a better cd/dvd burner if you wish.

And yeah the Vento is a terrible case as they did not utilize the airflow correctly.

pink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts