Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if a Asus Maximus IV, Intel 2nd Gen i7 prosesser with 8-12GB RAM would be a good combination for gaming. I know this might sound obvious but is there anything better? Also would this be a good combination for overclocking to 4GHz+ without being unstable? This would be a computer I would be working on for years because of the prices of the components.

Thanks,
Adam Boswell

·
Registered
657 Posts
The i5-2500k is a very capable processor for gaming and what I would recommend over the i7, there's more to be gained from spending the saved money on a better GPU.

That should allow you to OC to 4Ghz too.
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswell3782;11986715
Hey, I was wondering if a Asus Maximus IV, Intel 2nd Gen i7 prosesser with 8-12GB RAM would be a good combination for gaming. I know this might sound obvious but is there anything better? Also would this be a good combination for overclocking to 4GHz+ without being unstable? This would be a computer I would be working on for years because of the prices of the components.

Thanks,
Adam Boswell
Also, sorry to double post, but you have almost the same setup as my brother will. How is it? My bro says he just wants to be able to game and play Black Ops as 1680x1050, will it run that at full?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelan;11993950
Also, sorry to double post, but you have almost the same setup as my brother will. How is it? My bro says he just wants to be able to game and play Black Ops as 1680x1050, will it run that at full?
My current one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts