Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a sapphire x1950xtx and love it, but i don't like the stock catalyst 6.11 driver. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a good driver for overclocking. I am using ati tool .25 beta 16 and the catalyst driver sets my clock at 525 mhz for clock and 5 something for ram. I have heard that omega has a good modded driver. I'd like to overclock it to atleast 675mhz clock and 1050 mhz ram, but the dam driver is unstable. With stock voltage, ati tool said my ram could go up to 1087 without artifacts, but vpu recover kicked everything down and reverted to the same driver. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is a driver problem.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I use stock 6.10's, ATI Tray Tools & ATI tool Beta 16 for clocking.

My core is at 735 and my memory 1071.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
The card runs in 2d mode (stock speeds) until you run a 3d app, then it unleashes.

If you use ATI Tool to overclock you can force it to run in 3d mode at selected speeds even when at windows desktop.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Yeah. I upped the GPU voltage to 1.5v and the other voltage (at the bottom of the voltage screen in ATI Tool, can't remember what its called though) to 1.485.

The memory voltage is very slightly increased. I pushed it pretty far but 1071 was the highest stable I could get

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.