Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Hopefully someone can chime in, I have had nothing but bad luck with many brands that had good reviews on both amazon and newegg. Initially for a year or two they work great, and over time as you described constant disconnects and failures.

Rosewill has probably been the best to me, followed by sabrent. However a 1 year old sabrent is now experiencing the random disconnects
frown.gif

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
I have a couple of Vantech Nexstar 3 enclosures, they are older models and I think only USB 2, but run solid. We had boxes of them loaded with 80GB drives left over from a lawsuit, discovery stuff. I snagged a couple and loaded them with 2TB HGST 7K drives for more mobile than NAS storage, have one with eSATA hooked to the router, etc.

No idea if the newer models are better or worse, but these have worked for me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im testing, its starting to look like the enclosure does not play nice with open-elec, i have a chrome box running open-elec, and every hour or so video i was watching on it would act up freeze or drive would disconnect, im running xbmc on windows and so far it has not done anything wrong, i will know if few more hours it does not do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts