Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting near to getting my drivers permit which means expensive car insurance. I need help finding a decent job that doesnt involve saying "would you like fries w/ that?" I want a job thats hands on... something that i wont hate going to everyday... main problem, im only 15 and 4 months old... ive been searching around but everyone says 16 years+ so is there anything good for me?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
i just got my first job at a local grocerry store..its not that bad..bag groccerys help people out to there car..i make about $250 a week before taxes.. full time tho..maybe look into something like that..i actually kind of enjoy going to work

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
"would you like fries w/ that?" OMG I say that too much...

I dunno, I had a hard time finding a job. I sent tons of applications everywhere! But no one responded. I finally got a job when I turned 17 a few months ago...and I'm not really liking my job

Anyways, you should post an ad all over your neighborhood advertising your ability to fix computers. You should charge a flat fee for diagnosing and fixing the problem (cheaper than CompUSA etc.). Then, as people start to recognize you as a good repairman, you'll get more business! And soon you'll be building/modding systems for your neighbors! (maybe)

That's the most hands-on thing I can think of. I almost tried something like that, but I never had the time

·
Registered
504 Posts
couldn't tell ya man... move to canada, particularily alberta! Booming economy, **** places are hiring 12 year olds at mcdonalds starting at like 8.00$/hr.

Me? I'm 15 as well, I work in computer sales at Staples. I've been there a month and I just got my trainee badge off!!
I'm not a monkey anymore!!
Sorry man I had to tell everyone! And I owe all my success to Overclock.net to get my computer knowledge... Although there are times I'll have to lie a little through my teeth. Like "We have your ink. Promise" and we don't have the person's printer ink. I don't know, it's a hollow promise lol.

I can only suggest that you apply everywhere you can. If you prove your knowledge, and willing to work you will probably get hired regardless unless there is a law about it. Remember, DON'T ACT BIGGER THAN YOUR AGE! Everyone at Staples thinks I look 8 years old, but I stick my ground, and if I'm not sure of something I ask a senior employee for assistance. Just remember to look professional even when dropping off an application. By the way, music and team sports look EXCELLENT on any resume. To show you have discipline and teamwork skills is a must in any job environment.

This is my second job, I worked in a gas station car wash for a year, almost immediately after my 14th birthday. Respect goes a LONG way and maturity is crucial.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Landscaping. At a young age, you just cant beat the income one can make. Not to mension alot of the work is just fun! I started landscaping when i was 15, and have stuck with it ever since...

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by numlock2.0
"would you like fries w/ that?" OMG I say that too much...

I dunno, I had a hard time finding a job. I sent tons of applications everywhere! But no one responded. I finally got a job when I turned 17 a few months ago...and I'm not really liking my job

Anyways, you should post an ad all over your neighborhood advertising your ability to fix computers. You should charge a flat fee for diagnosing and fixing the problem (cheaper than CompUSA etc.). Then, as people start to recognize you as a good repairman, you'll get more business! And soon you'll be building/modding systems for your neighbors! (maybe)

That's the most hands-on thing I can think of. I almost tried something like that, but I never had the time

thats what i did man

i get a few computers a day

i just bought watercooling an x2 3800 a new mobo new HDD and im bout to get a car

im only 15 too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts