·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you mean in vcore of my cpu? it is at 1.4 already at 3.0...it should be able to handle that... And my loads wont get to 55 i dont think...not unless i go to like 4.0 ghz... right now my loads are at 38c

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i raised the vcore to 1.45v and the process still stopps at the first irritation. I think it might be my memory.
How can you set the t2 function on this motherboard, and the divider?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
if you think its the memory, set it as slow as possible. it should go way over 1000Mhz in most cases at 5-5-5-15, but just to make sure, keep it at the minimum speed with 5-5-5-15 timings.
thats what i'd normally say.
but since your FSB is way below 400, i recommend setting your divider at 1:1, this means your memory will run somewhere around 667Mhz, well below stock thus excluding it from the list of possible limitations.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i set the dram freq. to 667 and it seems everything is ok. My temps are as follows. In speedfan
CPU 55c
Core 1: 44~45C
Core 2: 43~44c
Since orthos is working ok, should i try the 800mhz ram freq?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
i'd use coretemp to measure the temps that truly matter. those should not go above 55. if you can still OC your CPU, do that first.(unless you want to stay at this speed) then when you're finished, get your ram up.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Get your ram voltage down. Anything above 2.4 is hot hot hot and hurts the ram. Try 2.2 for now, whats the stock ram volts there?

Thats a good first overclock, set your ram to run at 1:1 with the FSB, which might be known as sync in your bios, perhaps? Your ram is top notch, it will be able to take almost any overclock you throw at it so a devider isn't really necessary. If you can't find that, just take your FSB (333 at the moment, right?) and multiply that by 2. You'll get 667 mhz and that is your 1:1 ratio.

BTW, respond to my PM's?

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I was under the impression of 2.4 volts, and only that if you had aftermarket cooling (something along the lines of a fan blowing on it..)

Its still over the requirements for that ram...my cheap OCZ does ddr2 950 @ 2.2v...I'm sure he needs no more than that..

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How long should i run orthos to know my system is stable?

Edit/Update: My computer is running orthos right now on 3.3ghz @ 1.45v
Memory is at 915 at 2.15v
So far it is stable for 15minutes with no errors at 2:09pm est

If i continue to overclock, should my next step be to raise the fsb more?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
i have that with orthos too. IMO its a crappy program, so i use OCCT. works much better for me.
in any case, if you decide to go higher, raise some FSB. if you plan to keep this, run OCCT for 2-3 hours and you're good to go.
still does that when i try, while i play games for several hours straight, no probs. gaming is often a good stability test as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.