Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I'm looking to switch over from my H100i to a custom loop. Ive researched most everything I'm going to need, however one answer I cant seem to nail down. What flow rate, Liters per minutes or Gallons per minute will I need? My search on the web has turned up all kinds of situations that seem specific to the OP. I figured I would just ask here before I make a mistake.

The loop will include one CPU block, and one full cover GPU block and one 360 Rad and of course a res.

From what I'm gathering 1-Gal per minute is ideal? or 4 liters per minute.

Thanks for the help!
smile.gif

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Well for th GPU ill be using an EKWB full cover block for my (gigabyte G1 GTX 970) That was an easy choice....since it was really the only choice:p Ill likely stick with EK for the CPU block as well. As for the RAD I'm not sure what brand just yet, only sure of the size I want. Currently im shopping pumps as we speak. there seems to be a large variety of pumps, size, flow rates, overall look ect ect. Ive looked at pumps from the cheap PMP-300's to the D5's

I'm on a moderate budget, so I may need to employee some cost cutting tactics.

please ignore my late night grammar spelling ect mistakes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonixblue View Post

Thanks,

Well for th GPU ill be using an EKWB full cover block for my (gigabyte G1 GTX 970) That was an easy choice....since it was really the only choice:p Ill likely stick with EK for the CPU block as well. As for the RAD I'm not sure what brand just yet, only sure of the size I want. Currently im shopping pumps as we speak. there seems to be a large variety of pumps, size, flow rates, overall look ect ect. Ive looked at pumps from the cheap PMP-300's to the D5's

I'm on a moderate budget, so I may need to employee some cost cutting tactics.

please ignore my late night grammar spelling ect mistakes.
A D5 should be sufficient for your loop even if you end up picking up a more restrictive 360 rad like the Hardware Labs 360 GTS. There's actually one on eBay now for $65 plus shipping, and it includes an EK pump top.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EK-D5-X-Top-Pump-w-D5-Vario-Pump-Acrylic-Plexi-/281984724041?hash=item41a7996c49:g:TYIAAOSwnH1WaIOW

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you want to save some money and still get a REALLY good CPU block, get the Raystorm Pro. It performs basically just as well as the EK Supremacy Evo full nickel and the Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel (which is what I have), but it's ony $67 from Performance PCs. The other two are close to $100.

·
Registered
369 Posts
When you buy a rad, make sure it's copper and not Aluminum (no Aluminum in your water cooling system) also why not buy a Combo Pump/Reservoir. I have a XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo and Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual 5.25" Reservoir. Both work great. The best tubing (My choice) is PrimoFlex ADVANCED LRT Tubing 7/16in. ID X 5/8in. OD. Flow Rate 1.3GMP see pic
smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts