Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this computer from Summit Direct in St. Catharines Ontario, dont know if any Canadians know this place but they had a 10th anniversary sale so i got everything about 25-70% off from regular price (remember i bout it in August so not quite up to date and i got some of the stuff becuase its cheap)

Asus P4P800 SE
P4 2.8E 1MB Cache 800 FSB
2x256MB Infineon Dual Channel DDR 400
Maxtor 200 GB ATA/133 8MB 7200 Rpm
Maxtor 80 GB ATA/133 2MB 7200 Rpm
SONY 16X DVD±RW, DUAL LAYER DRU-710A
LITEON DVD COMBO 52x32x52x16
CELESTICA GOLD RADEON 128MB 9200SE
17" LG 700S
ELITECH 226 CASE W/450W
Logitech MX-Duo Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
you spent about 1040USD...I think you were overcharged...

Then again, alot of prices change dramatically in 6 months.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

you spent about 1040USD...I think you were overcharged...

Then again, alot of prices change dramatically in 6 months.

at the time i bought it the US dollar was good, unlike now where its crap so it was about $900 US

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Ya, I live I've bought from summitdirect.. They have alot of items that are a good deal.. but others are real bad rip-offs.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
well, the good news is the processor is a good overclocker if I'm not mistaken...no clue about the board though.

All in all, (after thinking about it) you may not have faired so badly, at 900USD, you could probably get a slightly faster system (cause the money you spent includes ALL the peripherals including a monitor and keyboard/mouse combo)

I just priced out a really sweet A64 (but naked, meaning no keyboard/mouse, no monitor, etc) for under 400....

You could stand an upgrade in the video card and memory departments, but thats all I really see as an issue (upgraded cooling too in case you want to overclock that 2.8)

***EDIT

By the way, welcome to the forum! (I didnt mean to slam your purchase, I'm just not used to seeing that kind of pricetag on something)

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
summit is good but like ShawnMcGrail says some of it is rip-offs, most id rip offs, and im thinking of getting a much better video card and a better case with good cooling, but i realy dont use the computer for anything but nhl 2004 and burning alot of DVD's so im good until the price of some cards or cases come down, screw it im good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts