Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be more then likely picking up some decent (for the price) in-ears to replace the stock ones coming for the Cowon S9. I'm probably going to pick some up by Thursday or the next week after that. Though I can only pick them up at places like Staples, Best Buy, and Future Shop (maybe even memory express).

Any suggestions? Budget is well under 100 bucks.

Edit: I used to use Bose In-Ears.

some things I'm looking at:
Sony MDR EX76LP
JVC HA-FX300-T
BlackBox C14

Some bands I listen to:
Bon Jovi
Europe
Dio
J. Giels Band
Jay May
Jeff Buckley
Motley Crue
Prism
Quiet Riot
Mumford & Sons
Edgar Winter Group
etc....

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by this n00b again View Post
Shure Earphones FTW!
Shure for $100 is it possible?

• Rep+
Reactions: Domino

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Low-end Shures are pretty bad for the money these days tbh.

Anyway, music tastes?

Klipsch S4 comes to mind when shopping from big-chain stores but knowing your music taste = can recommend a more accurate recommendation to suit your music tastes the best.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fritz_sean View Post
Shure those are nice
those shure look nice.
But 100 bucks, let alone, those are i think like 130 up here in Canada at bestbuy.ca.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
Low-end Shures are pretty bad for the money these days tbh.

Anyway, music tastes?

Klipsch S4 comes to mind when shopping from big-chain stores but knowing your music taste = can recommend a more accurate recommendation to suit your music tastes the best.
ya, i was thinking that: gotta put my taste.

I listen to mainly hard rock, metal (80s style), modern folk, piano/indie type stuff. some bands are:

Bon Jovi
Europe
Dio
J. Giels Band
Jay May
Jeff Buckley
Motley Crue
Prism
Quiet Riot
Mumford & Sons
Edgar Winter Group
etc....

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkSterr View Post
Shure for $100 is it possible?
A few models in the consumer line of Shure earphones can be had for $100 or under.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by this n00b again
View Post

A few models in the consumer line of Shure earphones can be had for $100 or under.

I've read around and it sounds like the reviews (just customer reviews) saying they weren't too good? The one that was suggested is actually about 200 bucks up here. Ouch (at best buy anyways).

Quote:

Originally Posted by duocpu2.4
View Post

Get the Sennheiser CX 500's...they are great sounding and has accurate bass. Real value for the money.

I'll take a look at those too. Going to update the first post with them in it, see what others say about them too. But I can't seem to find them on bestbuy or future shop? :O

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Domino, as in H3F, Quake-playin' Domino? Hiya!

I saw Ultimate Ears superfi 4's at my local Best Buy, as well as Metro Fi 220s and Klipsch S4s. You might wanna go for those if you can't order online.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlstr8
View Post

Domino, as in H3F, Quake-playin' Domino? Hiya!

I saw Ultimate Ears superfi 4's at my local Best Buy, as well as Metro Fi 220s and Klipsch S4s. You might wanna go for those if you can't order online.

Defiantly give those a look! Thanks for the suggestion!

As for the quake-playing Domino? no man
sorry

EDIT: those superfi's are a little expensive (140 bucks at future shop). can't see the others at bestbuy, but i'll give all the suggestions on here a look (maybe they just don't have them on their site).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Oh my bejesus. They were on sale at my Best Buy for $66 FREAKING BUCKS, EVEN CHEAPER THAN THE METRO FI'S.

GODDANG IT I ORDERED THE THINKSOUND THUNDERS INSTEAD

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
UE super.fi's are meh these days. you made the right choice.
since Jerry Harvey left and since the acqusition of them by Logitech = UE's never been the same really.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

UE super.fi's are meh these days. you made the right choice.
since Jerry Harvey left and since the acqusition of them by Logitech = UE's never been the same really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlstr8
View Post

Oh my bejesus. They were on sale at my Best Buy for $66 FREAKING BUCKS, EVEN CHEAPER THAN THE METRO FI'S.

GODDANG IT I ORDERED THE THINKSOUND THUNDERS INSTEAD

If they are on sale, would they be worth it? I'm leaning towards the c14s now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts