Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there in the market any fans that perform equal/better to AF-15 My d15 is stock provided? I don't like the looks of those fans
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoxia View Post

Are there in the market any fans that perform equal/better to AF-15 My d15 is stock provided? I don't like the looks of those fans
smile.gif
Depending where you live Thernalright TY-147A have almost same performance, also Phanteks PH-F140HP_II

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Depending where you live Thernalright TY-147A have almost same performance, also Phanteks PH-F140HP_II
I would add the be quiet! Silent Wings 3 to that list, but it would require an alternate mounting method.

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I would add the be quiet! Silent Wings 3 to that list, but it would require an alternate mounting method.
We can add Silent Wings 3 140mm high speed, PH-F140MP, TY-147A SQ, etc .. but all are square frame with124.5mm mounting hole spacing and not round frame with105mm mounting hole spacing.

ehume said that 140mm square frame fans will not fit down as low as the should because the 140mm flat bottom sets on top of mounting screws. I don't remember noticing that was a potential problem from when I tested D15 .. and I haven't dug mine out of storage to check.
blushsmiley.gif

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hi there

I personally run on my NH-D15 Thermalright TY-143 and TY-147A and really liked like TY-147A or TY-143 on my NH-D15

TY-143 I would choose only if you are looking to run fans beyond 1300-1500RPM

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
If the Thermalrights are difficult to find, the 24V Noctuas work great on D14/D15 - NF-A14 industrialPPC-24V-3000 Q100 IP67 PW runs at 1600rpm max on 12V. Spins down under 300rpm on idle. Doesn't have the low speed bearing noise that the 12V industrial versions can suffer from. In Canada were the cheapest high quality fan available at the time. Working and looking great on my D14 and D15. See ehume's 24V review on on overclockers

The NZXT FX140 V2 is a very good low cost option as well that ehume compared favorably to the 147A/143. http://www.overclockers.com/nzxt-fx140-v2-and-fz140-fans-review/

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
@MicroCat, is this how our fans look on cooler?

From http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nf-a14-industrialppc/5 review, but I would not pay any attention to their test results unless you have an identical system in Antec 900 case .. because they are not testing cooler against cooler, but how different cooler preform in a specific system .. theirs. Other testing I've seen and done shows high performance fans like NF-A14 iPPC-2000 and 3000 lower CPU temps by about 8-10c below what stock cooler fans do. But to do this in a case requires changing case fans to hi-performance fans so case can supply the cool airflow needed for hi-performance cooler fans to receive their needed cool air supply. If case fans do not supply needed cool air the cooler fans re-use their own heated exhaust air to make up the difference and we know that every degree warmer the air into cooler when CPU is under extreme load is a degree warmer the CPU is.
wink.gif

ehume said square 140mm fans won't fit properly, and I'm too lazy to hunt down my D15 out of moving boxes and check how fan would fit.
blushsmiley.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1016941/the-official-noctua-club/2960_20#post_26346951

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went with the Phanteks PH-F140HP II. I think i actually prefer their noise profile compared to the Noctua fans.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Quote:

@MicroCat, is this how our fans look on cooler?
ehume said square 140mm fans won't fit properly, and I'm too lazy to hunt down my D15 out of moving boxes and check how fan would fit.
blushsmiley.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1016941/the-official-noctua-club/2960_20#post_26346951
No, they don't look like that. Mine have cooler corner colours and are free of those eyesore (and fingersore) fan clips. Discrete ziptie screws or no clips at all. They fit on the D14/15 without issue - not lopsided, like your viewpoint.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spddmn24 View Post

I went with the Phanteks PH-F140HP II. I think i actually prefer their noise profile compared to the Noctua fans.

Idk why phanteks didn't made F140P with black corner but white inside, only full white is avaiable...

I'd like a fan very similiar to phanteks case fan color scheme, so i could have a nice equal look with the new phanteks halos rgb frame
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:

Idk why phanteks didn't made F140P with black corner but white inside, only full white is avaiable...

I'd like a fan very similiar to phanteks case fan color scheme, so i could have a nice equal look with the new phanteks halos rgb frame
smile.gif
I agree, black housing looks better to me too. Even if it was black with white impeller like Thermalright TY-147A .. probably my favorite all around fan. I've used them on many coolers and in many cases.

·
(not)New to Overclock.net
853 Posts

I use Silent Wings 3 (tge 1000rpm ver) on my D15s. I did a couple of quick "tests" when I got it, few months ago, using Intel Burn Test with both stock D15 fan and SW3s. I remember SW3 were cooler by a few degrees, a the very least were equal to the stock Noctua fan. 5820k [email protected]

I used the stock wire clips to install the Silent Wings, they have to be stretched a bit, but they work.

I hate mobile browsing, I hate mobile browsing, I hate mobile........... everything!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChopaa View Post

I use Silent Wings 3 (tge 1000rpm ver) on my D15s. I did a couple of quick "tests" when I got it, few months ago, using Intel Burn Test with both stock D15 fan and SW3s. I remember SW3 were cooler by a few degrees, a the very least were equal to the stock Noctua fan. 5820k [email protected]

I used the stock wire clips to install the Silent Wings, they have to be stretched a bit, but they work.

I hate mobile browsing, I hate mobile browsing, I hate mobile........... everything!
Black housing... looks good, but my whole fan setup has white inside and black housing... any fans like these?

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:

Black housing... looks good, but my whole fan setup has white inside and black housing... any fans like these?
Thermalright TY-147A is black housing with white impeller.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Quote:

Thermalright TY-147A is black housing with white impeller.
Not your garden variety setup. Very pretty. That arrangement is blossoming with possibilities. But, I think the OP is looking for an indoor cooling configuration. We appreciate your efforts to reduce global warming by setting up backyard air cooling stands wherever you can - even if your neighbours do not. They probably get upset by those unsightly fan clips that ruin the sleek look - I know I would.
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Only problem is bees being sucked in and plugging up the D14 fins.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

Good point. Next season perhaps develop a decent low restriction intake screen - it would save the bee's knees.
Or clip them off at their knees on the way in.
A light spray coat of black stove paint on top fin and at near vertical angle on sides gives a nice black finis to top and sides without hindering cooling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts