Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at a Noctua, but it was apparently not very good..however it was quiet. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Thermalright AXP-100/200. Nothing really comes close with that little clearance. Though you will pay for it. The next best is probably the Zalman CNSP-8900 and it's much cheaper. Otherwise the Stock cooler with some good thermal paste will be just about as good as anything else (within a few degrees).

I don't see anywhere on the Hadron page how much clearance it has but I am assuming 80mm or less.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapRef41N93W View Post

Thermalright AXP-100/200. Nothing really comes close with that little clearance. Though you will pay for it. The next best is probably the Zalman CNSP-8900 and it's much cheaper. Otherwise the Stock cooler with some good thermal paste will be just about as good as anything else (within a few degrees).

I don't see anywhere on the Hadron page how much clearance it has but I am assuming 80mm or less.
About 140mm I believe. I'll take a look at those!

·
Premium Member
27,530 Posts
140mm is what I've heard too.

I'm using an AXP-100 on an i7 920 with great results. I have a vent directly above CPU as exhaust and reversed the TY-100 so it's pulling air up through cooler. This lowers temps considerably. Here's link to testing.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1347211/thermalright-axp-100-showed-up-today/0_20#post_19033437

How soon do you need a cooler?

Reason I ask is rumor has it Thermalright is developing a smaller / shorter Macho. The Macho coolers (evolved from HR-01/HR-02) are very good. HR-22 is 160mm & 8x6mm pipes, Macho is 162mm & 6x 6mm pipes w/ 140mm fan, Macho 120 is 150mm & 5x 6mm pipes w/ 120mm fan, so I'm guessing this new one will be approx 135-140mm & 4x 6mm pipes w/ 90mm fan. They just released the Macho rev.B and TRUE Spirit 140 rev. A.

Thermalright has been working on more mini-ITX and micro-ATX compatible coolers as well a coolers having better PCIe, RAM and case clearances. Their clearances are better than most of the competition. Their offset base and lower height make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to order tonight!

·
Premium Member
27,530 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
US

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It depends on your needs really, the AXP100 is a nice cooler and sufficient for mild overclocks, but at 140mm clearence you could easily fit a Noctua C14 or the Phanteks 14CS wich would be far superior in terms of temps/noise.

For better overall airflow a smaller tower cooler like the new Noctua U9S ( or the Thermalright TS90 as a more cost effective alternative) might also be a good option.

·
Premium Member
27,530 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
27,530 Posts
About the same. I prefer Thermalright to Enermax.

Again similar performance, but I prefer Thermalright

Same one I linked to.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

About the same. I prefer Thermalright to Enermax.

Again similar performance, but I prefer Thermalright

Same one I linked to.
That's what I was kind of thinking. I'm just going to go for the Enermax because it's so cheap. I can always throw another fan on if I need to
thumb.gif

Thanks buddy!

·
Premium Member
27,530 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts