Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good, realistic military-style shooter that is preferrably single-player. I want something like a simulation FPS (does that make sense?) and reasonably modern. I already have Rainbow Six, HL2, Quake, FEAR, SWAT, and all of those. Looking for something different.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
the delta force series are pretty good. i loved delta force:land warrior, lol but that was yrs ago... they should have some newer games out, theyre pretty real and hella fun!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

the delta force series are pretty good. i loved delta force:land warrior, lol but that was yrs ago... they should have some newer games out, theyre pretty real and hella fun!

I have delta fource land warrior, thats all i played when i had my 16 mb voodoo card.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah, just installed it again and need to retrieve my old account, got a 38/40 on the Marksmanship Test and I havent played the damn thing in 3 years...The only reason I like AA is for the teamwork aspect of it, if you're in a good clan you can dominate...kind of hard for the large map "deathmatch", like BF2 and so on, though playing together in those can be quite devastating to some enemies

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
if you like novalogic games, ie .. landwarrior , deltaforce and black hawk down .. you would like joint operations and the expansion pack escalation , its pretty sweet and has tons of missions you can play by yourself. or you can play it online , in team deathmatch , team king of the hill ,. advance and secure or coop modes

·
Registered
997 Posts
Quote:

The only reason I like AA is for the teamwork aspect of it

SAME,there is so much teamwork involved. Get a nice clan,TS/Vent,and domination is sure to follow. I was really good at that game,when i tried to pick it back up though i was quickly bored.

No,it no longer has a single player mode,if you dl an older version though(2.1 maybe) it does have single player.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - VERY good, the SP is pretty good, and multiplayer is really fun.

COD - Pretty good SP, MP has PunkBuster

COD2 - GREAT SP, great MP (but lots of hacks, no PunkBuster yet
)

I also found AA very boring. The training was alot more fun than the battles, lol.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Battlefield 2 is a great game...Americas army is o.k but i really think its not all that great and BF2 is much better.

I agree completely. BF2 rocks, although you would probably play it online mostly, although single player isn't bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I already have COD2 and really didn't want another WWII game, CS:S is OK but I got sick of it, AA is pretty boring, maybe I'll try one of the ones burnstudios suggested. BF2 is cool, but I don't really like the online and that's what it is mostly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts