Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i started to OC again, and i think i did OK. This is ULTRA STABLE!!!!!! remember, i have Stock cooling... so what do u think of the OC?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Ya that's a pretty good OC, especially for stock cooling! Nice job. Show us some memory speeds and timings too, to see if it's REALLY great!

Nice job, all the same.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Great start.... Have you tried to go further? I think you could easily kick it up another 10fsb maybe more...

Whats your load temp?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
But the performance difference between 2.8 and 2.81 will be almost unrecognizable. I still say show us memory speeds to see if you can push it farther. And temps, too. All the same, a great start, like pbasil said.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get a Tuniq, go to 3GHz, take it as far as you can go!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p View Post
But the performance difference between 2.8 and 2.81 will be almost unrecognizable. I still say show us memory speeds to see if you can push it farther. And temps, too. All the same, a great start, like pbasil said.
Not 2.8 to 2.81, It would be 10 x 12 multiplier, so it would be 2.8 to 2.92 big diff. 120MHz

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I took my 3500+ clawhammer(=bad) to 2.6ghz also with stock coolerand voltages, I got 2.8 with higher voltages.
SO your OC isn't that good, since you have a Venice core and a 3800+
but it is a very good start

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerfromsky
View Post

I took my 3500+ clawhammer(=bad) to 2.6ghz also with stock coolerand voltages, I got 2.8 with higher voltages.
SO your OC isn't that good, since you have a Venice core and a 3800+
but it is a very good start

always that one person to drag another down!

·
Registered
436 Posts
you can get to 2800mhz using a 3000+ cpu,so it,s an ok overclock but the problem is that u don,t have enough headroom as the max possible is 3ghz ( if u r luky )

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
venice old steppings will take you to 2.8 GHz no matter if its a 3000 or a 3800. its all made from the same batch more or less, just different multi's. thats why a lot of people will just get the 3000 and overclock the piss out of it.

the newer steppings are indeed seeing the 3 Ghz mark though, so good luck.

you might want to try setting your command rate to 1t, it'll gain in performance just a hare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts