Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I just got my Opty today the stepping is CCBBE 0615EPMW, is this good?

EDIT!!!! Go to the last page, this thing wont work

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
yes thats a very good stepping, expect anywhere from 2.8-3.0

• Rep+
Reactions: STN71190

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, time to install it

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
I thought only 165's can have CCBBE steppings, and thats the best one too but iv never seen a CCBBE on a 170. It should still be good though

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
my old CCBBE 0610DPMW got 3.0. It got to 2.8 on stock volts

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Yeah great stepping and there was one CCBWE that was good and 3xtr3m3 has it. But the CCBWE are the only non cold bugged chips

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o View Post
I thought only 165's can have CCBBE steppings, and thats the best one too but iv never seen a CCBBE on a 170. It should still be good though

I actually thought the same thing, this is the first Opty 170 with that stepping Ive seen.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The stepping codes pretty much apply to all the Opteron dual cores. The only difference between a 165, 170, 175, etc. is the binning. They're all using the same core off the same wafers from fab. A CCBBE could be a 165, 170, 175, etc.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Viper, that chart hasn't been updated since August. I seem to remember more than a few people getting 170 CCBBE's, it's just that most realize that the difference between a 9x and 10x multi means nothing as far as the limit of the chips OC. It's not worth the extra cost for the 170 for most people when ultimately you're getting the same OC either way.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a problem, when i installed it and reset my CMOS I kept getting BSOD's at boot, so I tired a fresh install and it always froze at the part in setup where it installs windown files after it formats your hard drives, any suggestions on how to get it to work?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
I hope my 165 has a CCBBE, let's just say that much.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by STN71190
View Post

I have a problem, when i installed it and reset my CMOS I kept getting BSOD's at boot, so I tired a fresh install and it always froze at the part in setup where it installs windown files after it formats your hard drives, any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Recheck your connections and reseat the vid card to eliminate those possibilities.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by STN71190
View Post

I remember having this problem with my Opty, thought it was a bad CD disc, dont use the quick format, make sure all your settings are accurate in Bios.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Used regular format, CPU volts at 1.35, ram 2.8, multi 10x, HT link 5x, FSB 200, ram timings 3-3-2-7, etc.. still wont work. Edit: and I have reseated my video card, also this time I plugged it in, first time I booted I noticed I forgot to plug inthe PCI-e power connector
But it still wont work.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Try running the ram at 3-3-3-7. Gluck with the opty. I may get a 170 (its olny $30 more than the 165).

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do, maybe tomorrow, I just put my old processor back in for tonight.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts