Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

on speed fan it says my +12v is at 11.49.
is this bad?

It seems a little low, is it stable at that number? Can you check it in your bios?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Not very good, oviously you want it to be 12 volts, but nothing to get concerned about really. Run a load (Prime95) and see if it drops any further.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Not very good, oviously you want it to be 12 volts, but nothing to get concerned about really. Run a load (Prime95) and see if it drops any further.

its fluctuating between 11.49 and 11.55

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
That's ok, certianly a better PSU would help things, especially with overclocking, but nothing of major concern if you don't have any extra money I suppose.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

its fluctuating between 11.49 and 11.55

If it doesnt drop any lower under load, and doesnt fluctuate any more than that then you shouldnt worry about too much... But a new psu wouldnt hurt.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

If it doesnt drop any lower under load, and doesnt fluctuate any more than that then you shouldnt worry about too much... But a new psu wouldnt hurt.

what!?!?! i just got this one and the guy at the store said it would be perfect for gaming and stuff and that its a great psu. and now ppl are saying a new one wouldnt hurt? damn

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

what!?!?! i just got this one and the guy at the store said it would be perfect for gaming and stuff and that its a great psu. and now ppl are saying a new one wouldnt hurt? damn

That's fine for gaming, but as you overclocking you increase the power consumption of the processor and motherboard, and there's going to be a point where a sub-par PSU causes problems... happened to me.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

That's fine for gaming, but as you overclocking you increase the power consumption of the processor and motherboard, and there's going to be a point where a sub-par PSU causes problems... happened to me.

meaning dont overclock? right now im 38 idle and 53 load. prob a little high to worry about it anyway

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
dont buy into what is reported from software in windows.
get the correct readings by connecting a volt meter to one of your free molex connectors and see what the actual reading is.

Ive had a digital volt meter connected all day to the PSU that is powering my CPU,mobo,GFX card, and h20 system. speedfan reads 12.10 volts w/ no fluctuation. my volt meter reads 12.03 volts with no cpu/GFX load, and 11.88-11.85 volts under as much cpu/GFX load as I could manage to give it.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

Those are a little low, but better to be low than high. I believe that 11v is the low threshold, but of course you want to be as close to 12v as possible. I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you start getting random restarts and funky stuff going on.

ok cool. and to answer a previous question its an ultra 500w titanium psu. not the xconnect though my psu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts