Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was browsing newegg and found this CPU. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-507&depa=1
Would it be any good for OC'ing? I have a Chaintech KT600 MoBo with 512mb pc3200 kingmax RAM. My current cpu is a duron 1000 so it is definitely an upgrade. Just curious on peoples thoughts. Also what does the 55w reffer to? I havent seen that any many other CPUs before and was curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT

pair it up with a abit nf7s and welcome to overclocking heaven.

55w means how much power it draws from the power supply at stock speed.

Well I wasnt planning on upgrading my MoBo, I just bought it like 5-6 months ago.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by backupballer

would i be able to overclock the FSB tho? My MoBo doesnt have much in the way of OC'ing so i would like to get something with a high bus speed. Right now its running at 133 along with my RAM which is capable of 200, ya know?

Mobiles could be trouble with anything different from an nforce chipset. For some reason some mobos dont like mobiles or the other way around

·
Registered
391 Posts
I never messed witgh a chaintech board but if you don't have an nforce chipset I still think there is a way to get the mobiles too work by unlocking them. The nforce chipset unlocks them automatically from what I hear. You could even go with a 2500+ barton and oc it to 3200+ speeds quite easily with a small increase in vcore. My old 2500+ did 2.3 on air with no problems in an a7n8x-e deluxe which never did oc very well to begin with.

The nf7 and nf7-s from abit are awesome ocing socket a boards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts