Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm well im screwed. My dad is out of town and my mom just went to bed. When you click confirm bid does it ask you for your credit card number? What happens and how they charge you?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah...definitely go for it. But I probably wouldn't bid over $60-65. No, it doesn't ask you for your credit card. And they don't charge you, you can pay tommorow if you want to. Also, be sure to set your bid to the highest your willing to pay so you hopefully won't get beaten out at the last couple seconds of the auction.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O and an addition should i just spend the extra $30 and get it new or spend an extra $20 and get a sunbeam nuuo? Does it have to say sli certified for it to work sli?

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in your sig it says that you are going to get a new psu would u care to sell your current psu? EDIT: a little offtopic but is 18A on the 12v rail good enough for a 7800gt? 7900gt?

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do i no how many 12v rails i have? but it is a case psu and its 450w. i was looking at the sun beam nuuo and that only has 18A on the 12v rail. i thought you needed like 26A for a 7800gt and 28A for sli. i thought and that is why i am asking

·
Registered
676 Posts
If that PSU cost over $50 then it is definitely not worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.bleedinedge.com/guides/psu_select/psu_select_01.html

A rail is the delivery system for power. On a modern PSU these rails are divided into +3.3v, +5v, +12v, -5v and -12v. The important ones for us to look at are the positive rails. These will be specified to deliver an amount of amps per rail. Seeing as w = v * a. This tells us the output in watts of the PSU.

EXAMPLE:

* Watts =+3.3v rail*30a = 100w

* Watts =+5v rail *30a = 150w

* Watts =+12v rail*25a = 300w

Adding them together gives us a power output of 550w. There are caveats to this, which we will examine later.

The modern trend of components drawing off the +12v rail, has led to the introduction of multiple +12 rails, which are easier and cheaper to produce that bigger rails, but more importantly easier to keep stable and cool.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does it come with cables (all that i need) and would my current psu run a 7800gt. it has the recommended wattage but i dont no about the amps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts