Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to finally get my new computer together, and I have almost everything. So far I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 +3800, 1 GB of PC2100 DDR (2x512), 160 GB of HDD space, freezer pro 64, Aspire X-Cruiser case, Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 graphics card, Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU, and a Plextor dual-layer DVD-RW burner.

So basically I just need the motherboard, but I can't decide which one is the best. I've looked at plenty of mobo's that I want, and can get, but I'm relatively new to the overclocking scene, and I wanted some opinions on which would be the best mobo to ocerclock my hardware with. I would preferably like to keep it $80 and under, the farthest I'm willing to stretch is $100. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgerlord

I'm just starting to finally get my new computer together, and I have almost everything. So far I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 +3800, 1 GB of PC2100 DDR (2x512), 160 GB of HDD space, freezer pro 64, Aspire X-Cruiser case, Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 graphics card, Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU, and a Plextor dual-layer DVD-RW burner.

So basically I just need the motherboard, but I can't decide which one is the best. I've looked at plenty of mobo's that I want, and can get, but I'm relatively new to the overclocking scene, and I wanted some opinions on which would be the best mobo to ocerclock my hardware with. I would preferably like to keep it $80 and under, the farthest I'm willing to stretch is $100. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey there. You can see an answer to this in my previous post..here.

Also you should seriously consider an upgrade of your existing RAM to some DDR400 2x512Mb at the least. If you are in the cheaper end of things but good performance check out the G.SKILL F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX 2x512Mb..here..for USD$ 94.00

cheers

·
Banned
658 Posts
First thing id you are going to need to get some new ram that stuff is only DDR 266 you need to get some ddr 400, as for a motherboard I highly reccommend the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert but since you are on a budget 80 is a little cheap you could get an ASUS A8N-E or A8V-E

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links. And I know that I definately need to get some better ram, but that's what I am stuck with for right now, but I plan to get some in the future. That G.Skill RAM does look nice, so I'll keep it in mind, so thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts