Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what coolers are good for AMD systems. I refuse to use push pins or anything like that. Is there anything like a bolt thru xigmatek for AMD?

Does this Xigmatek Dark Knight have a thing to screw the heatsink in for AMD systems?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'm just going to go ahead and say....ZER0therm Nirvana 120 Premium
And its not bolt through it uses the AMD retention mechanism, its surprisingly REALLY sturdy and holds it really tight.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185093

$32 Scythe Mugen 2 if you can fit it. Its cheaper then even the dark knight, included mounting for every socket known to man and also includes a fan.

Quote:

Here you go! Just a little while back ThermoLab BARAM managed to slightly outperform Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme. And today Scythe Mugen 2 won 2°C from BARAM. The cooling efficiency leader has changed one more time. Note what a great job they did on picking a fan for this cooler. Mugen 2 equipped with two fans at 860RPM cools the CPU 2°C worse than with one PWM-controlled fan at its maximum speed of 1300RPM. If you use an even more powerful fan at 1860RPM, you will win another 3°C, but the noise will be a little too loud. Adding a second powerful fan doesn't bring any additional benefits.

"Second infinity" turned out more efficient than "airflow" during the maximum CPU overclocking tests, too:

They used identical slipstreams on each coolers. Including the TRUE which it apparently beat.

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185093

$32 Scythe Mugen 2 if you can fit it. Its cheaper then even the dark knight, included mounting for every socket known to man and also includes a fan.

They used identical slipstreams on each coolers. Including the TRUE which it apparently beat.

I think I might've just found my next cooler...

So it's only $32...thought they would have been more..?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivorth
View Post

I think I might've just found my next cooler...

So it's only $32...thought they would have been more..?

depends where you look I have seen some sites sell them as high as $45 but that was awhile ago. The Mugen or the Dark Knight are the best bang for the buck options today and cant go wrong either of them. The AMD mounting bracket is a helluva alot better than the crappy pushpins used by Intel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.