Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the mood for some good post apacalyptic games lately. Trouble is I have played a good majority of them. Or so I think. The whole Fallout series, all 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, the Crysis series, and others that I can't begin to remember. I realize stalker isn't technically post apalcalyptic, but the setting is the same.

I'm looking for a few that might have slipped through the net. Are there any others?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Metro is a great game, very moody and couldn't be much more post apocalyptic
smile.gif

I would say DayZ, but I'd probably wait a while until vehicles are other features are more developed.

For me though, the best post-apocalyptic game by far is Last of Us, I appreciate it's not a PC game but the story and experience really is awesome.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you enjoyed STALKER and haven't played the Metro series get on it right away.

When GSC ceased to operate the team more or less split up into 2 companies - 4A games and Vostok.

You will have the same feeling of atmosphere with Metro as you did with STALKER - the similarities are there. However, Metro (especially last light) looks sooooo much better.

There's a DLC mission for Last Light where you have to gather up artifacts from the Great Library complex - it's like a scaled-down open world mini game - freakin' incredible and my favorite part of the DLC.

thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: eXXon

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
Deadlight was nice for an indie game..

• Rep+
Reactions: eXXon

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Are you looking for Post-Apocalyptic only?
Or are you open to dystopian themed ones too?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWrir View Post

Are you looking for Post-Apocalyptic only?
Or are you open to dystopian themed ones too?
Yes I would be open to distopian themed ones as well. I am also very fond of those. I just bought that new game "Thief" because I liked the distopian look of the trailer.

I should have mentioned I played the Metros. Can't believe I left those out.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotonFanatic View Post

Yes I would be open to distopian themed ones as well. I am also very fond of those. I just bought that new game "Thief" because I liked the distopian look of the trailer.

I should have mentioned I played the Metros. Can't believe I left those out.
In that case, check out the first two Thief games since they're 10x more expansive and just much better than the new one in virtually every way (with a much more distinctive atmosphere as well). They don't feel overly clunky either, and this mod improves visuals drastically.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Check out:

System Shock
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(sort of)
Hard Reset
Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite
Kanequest 3000
Dishonored
Remember Me (not all that good, but still fun)

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

I've been in the mood for some good post apacalyptic games lately. Trouble is I have played a good majority of them. Or so I think. The whole Fallout series, all 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, the Crysis series, and others that I can't begin to remember. I realize stalker isn't technically post apalcalyptic, but the setting is the same.

I'm looking for a few that might have slipped through the net. Are there any others?
Including fallout 1 and 2? Have you also played the metro series and the last of us?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:

I just bought that new game "Thief" because I liked the distopian look of the trailer.
Bad call.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enad1 View Post

Bad call.
I dont know, if he hasnt played the first 2 then he will probably enjoy it a lot

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

I dont know, if he hasnt played the first 2 then he will probably enjoy it a lot
i hate when they do that. they destroy a game series ot pander to a new audience. i hate fallout 3 because of that.
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Never played the other two. Sounds like I'll be playing the new one first. That way I'll get the most enjoyment out of it. Then the other two. What are their names? With this latest one being titled "thief", what could the others be called? Ill use the mod too.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

i hate when they do that. they destroy a game series ot pander to a new audience. i hate fallout 3 because of that.
mad.gif
Slightly different situation though. FO3 is a very, very different type of game compared to the first two. Thief on the other hand is the same type of game as the originals, but dumbed down so that kids and non-gamers could play it on a controller.
Quote:

Never played the other two. Sounds like I'll be playing the new one first. That way I'll get the most enjoyment out of it. Then the other two. What are their names? With this latest one being titled "thief", what could the others be called? Ill use the mod too.
Thief Gold and Thief II: The Metal Age, all are on Steam.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Firefall

Free-to-play, never pay-to-win, sandbox MMO FPS and best part... highly technological and post-apocalyptic.

In Firefall you play an ARES Pilot which pilots one of many Battleframes (classes) that are unlockable by acquiring pilot tokens.

The game partnered with Google Maps to create a true 3D map of Earth of which the player roams.

The story is simple... a group of people called the "Chosen" were seeking to destroy Earth and by using their technology and have successfully altered the electromagnetic field of Earth producing a toxic "melding" in the biosphere. The melding destroys biological systems.

To combat this, a group organized called the United Armies of the Accord, and with their technology they have created an artificial electromagnetic field that protects everything inside from the melding, producing a livable biosphere just as Earth originally was.

So then... the premise of the game is to destroy the Chosen and their technology, or the Earth is doomed.

P.S. The insects are practically mutants now, and very fun to slay when not protecting a watchtower from a Chosen invasion
thumb.gif

P.S.S. This game reminds me of my favorite MMO of all time... Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU)

---
---
---
---

If you decide to download the game, add me to your friends list, IGN: Teleste

See you in-game!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts