Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for my future-build (look at my system specs in sig), what is a good PSU for it?

Right now I'm looking at the Antec SP-500 500W for about $81 CAD, any other suggestions that are roughly the same price? Thanks

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.. look at my build.. I don't need 600W.. maybe 500W?

I do have a 430W which will power my future system (Q6600), but some people say to get more power..

I don't need SLI, I might have 3HDDs in total in the future too

Edit: Which one would be better for my needs.. as I do not SLI.. the Corsair is 107$ here.. the 600W OCZ is 109$ so 2$ more.. it SHOULD be better right? lol

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
yeah of coarse the 600W OCZ
Go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
you really getting a 6800GT? One word: WHY???

I would recommend atleast 600W (HX620) for your quad core setup. It will be good for your next build, granted it's about the same calibur as this one, not too high end, but definitely not low end either.

With that tuniq, your naturally going to want to overclock the quad, so give yourself ample room and get a bigger power supply.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
err, not im not going to overclock high.. probably mild to nil.. also I don't play as much as I work, so I don't need a powerful GPU.

Also wouldn't the OCZ GameXStream 600W be as good, if not better as the Corsair 600W?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Even a 300W power supply is going to be more than you'll need for that setup, assuming you don't overclock anything. I'd say just save your money, don't waste it on a high power unit, get a high quality 400-500W power supply. Look to Seasonic, FSP, Silverstone, and Corsair(basically Seasonic).

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxsashixx
View Post

Well I have a thermaltake 430W already

that should be fine, I would have recommended a Seasonic S12 430W, but if the Tt works for you, keep it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts