Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
its not a great psu, its only 24A on the +12v, thats pretty pathetic nowadays, a year ago it would of been ok, in todays times you want to look at something with 34A+ on the 12v rail, if your hellbent on an antec psu look at the 480w antec neopower.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

its not a great psu, its only 24A on the +12v, thats pretty pathetic nowadays, a year ago it would of been ok, in todays times you want to look at something with 34A+ on the 12v rail, if your hellbent on an antec psu look at the 480w antec neopower.

34A+

I think you might find that a bit OTT.

28A is more than enough to run my OC'd system, and unless you are running a low wattage pelt ot a water pump directly off your PSU, you're not likely to need more.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
why pay so much though when u can buy a better psu for the same price or less, thus giving it a longer life without the need to buy another PSU at a later stage? my R Type 480w can output a maximum of 530w, has 28A on its 3.3v rail, 30A on its 5v rail, and dual 12v rail totalling 34A. Now thats a PSU that has some serious quality to it, its minimum efficency @ 100% load is 70%, and no this PSU wasnt ludicrusly expensive it was £50, and beats a vast majority of PSUs out there.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

why pay so much though when u can buy a better psu for the same price or less, thus giving it a longer life without the need to buy another PSU at a later stage? my R Type 480w can output a maximum of 530w, has 28A on its 3.3v rail, 30A on its 5v rail, and dual 12v rail totalling 34A. Now thats a PSU that has some serious quality to it, its minimum efficency @ 100% load is 70%, and no this PSU wasnt ludicrusly expensive it was £50, and beats a vast majority of PSUs out there.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the Hyper PSU's, but i go on reviews, and Hexus gave it an _average_ review IMO. I look for something that gets the top marks on all the big sites.

Also, it seems that the Hypers have very bad 5v rails.

I still wonder why you think that 24A is woefully inadequate.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Im always going to say Tagan 480W.

Great PSU with more than enough power... Rated the best PSU in the UK.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
why is 24 not enuff???

i have that power supply and its the most stable PSU i have had,
and 3.9ghz on air isnt what i would call a weak overclock...
and i have a ton of fans
2 120mm
3 80mm tornadoes
2 80mm blue led lights

running a 6800gt @ 420/1100
2 hard drives
2 opticals

even adding a couple of 12v water pumps would be fine

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Im always going to say Tagan 480W.

Great PSU with more than enough power... Rated the best PSU in the UK.

Tagan's do indeed rock! Wouldnt have been able to get to 4.4ghz without their help

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Not saying there is anything wrong with the Hyper PSU's, but i go on reviews, and Hexus gave it an _average_ review IMO. I look for something that gets the top marks on all the big sites.

Also, it seems that the Hypers have very bad 5v rails.

I still wonder why you think that 24A is woefully inadequate.

also notice how hexus couldnt use a multimeter to read the rails, i however have and the rails barely move even under load.

·
Registered
148 Posts
what about ocz? the 420watt power stream has 30A on the 12v rail. plus the rails are adjustable and its one of the most stable psu out there. the 420watt is only about 100 bucks. mine has been doing quite nicely.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
OCZ are good PSUs, i advise only the 470w though due to an apparent 5v rail problem which the 470w doesnt seem to suffer from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts