Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im up n running pretty stable at 4.2 but hit 85c temp when running prime. I was at 4.5 but didn't want to stay there with bad numbers. Ive posted my settings and hope there's something someone sees that
im overlooking to bring my numbers down. Evga classified w 920, push/pull water with a shiiitload of fans. ( link to build pics ). Thanx and ide love any feedback on the build.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
That is a SHED load of voltage on your Vcore. Can't you bring that down at all and still retain stability?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have since that set of numbers been able to run at 1.3v and have also adjusted pump speed. numbers came down on the load test but not to where ide like. i think if i were in the 70s that would work. im not too sure on all the other settings, so tweaking is what im looking to do, not sure which number's to TWEAK and and more so the reason why im tweaking them. ((((sorry still a noob))) thnx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

That is a SHED load of voltage on your Vcore. Can't you bring that down at all and still retain stability?

Your voltage is fine!!!

I am running 1.36 at 4.2 and my temps are at 26 idle and 58 load with prime 95 running for 16 hours..

I have had my voltages up to 1.48 @4.5ghz and my idle temps were still at 32c and my load temps were 65c.

If I were you, I would try to reseat the CPU waterblock. Try and find some of this thermal paste...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/37...?tl=g8c127s451

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What else I would do if I were you, would be to buy a 250mm res and then run it this way..

pump>rad>cpu>res>pump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts