Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at some sets but dont know which has the most bass kick. I have a 100ish budget. Nothing over 125. These are what i have been looking at.

Logitech Z-2200 (hard to find new)
Logitech z-4 (might get this)
Logitech Z-623 (prob getting this)

Any other suggestions? I want 2.1 ONLY! No 5.1 or anything because i dont want the clutter. Thanks, rep+ for best answers and help!
rolleyes.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
They don't allow us to verbally offer each other Rep for any reason. Besides, it goes without saying.
wink.gif
Not only that, but offering Rep makes helping you feel like a competition when that's not what it's about.

Edit: lol and be more patient if you can.
smile.gif

Sorry for all this, but I love this place.
redface.gif

·
Registered
990 Posts
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I have the 5.1 version, amazing bass response and I got it on the cheap cheap.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
I've heard the ProMedia 2.1's myself, and I have to say that I totally agree. It was an amazing sound!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
+1 to the Promedia but it will cost $120-$160. Look for a used one.

And no need to bump thread after 7 minutes

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i've got a old set of klipsch 2.1, the gmx or something like that, and they are fantastic. plenty of bass. klipsch makes quality speakers in general, and the promedia 2.1 is a solid recommendation

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi;13055531
Logitech are are bad. Bad. Get the Promedias.
hate to say it, but i agree with you. i definitely wasted my money on the x-540. they always sound muddled if that makes any sense. i was looking for a cheap 5.1 setup, but when i get the money, i'll be switching back to 2.1 with the promedias

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven9st surfer;13055548
hate to say it, but i agree with you. i definitely wasted my money on the x-540. they always sound muddled if that makes any sense. i was looking for a cheap 5.1 setup, but when i get the money, i'll be switching back to 2.1 with the promedias
This.

I have Altec Lansing's VS4121s (just like the VS4121BLKs, but in a different color), and they sounded better than every set of speakers I tried at about 4 different stores within my budget. This included all Logitech speakers.

My favorite thing is the ability to adjust both the bass and the treble. It sounded to me like the Logitech speakers are all about having boomy bass while the Altec Lansings I have are all about having solid, clean, accurate bass. The ProMedia 2.1s are like that too, but way better.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I have a z2300...it just sits in my closet.

lol?

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
I got the Z-2300s recently and was pretty disappointed. Yeah the bass is great but the sound just seems kind of hollow and lifeless, if that makes any sense, I don't know anything about audio lol.

Another +1 for the Klipsch Promedias, that's what I should have gotten.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
The Logitech 623 and z2200 (don't get the z-4) look the best out of the three. I owned the older version it would seem (z2300) and they had a great low end. The sub on the 2300 I would even have to say was stronger at lower volumes than the z5500's that I own now.
The Klipsch as mentioned would also be good to consider, they have two-way speakers so I would think the SQ on them would be better than the Logis.

EDIT: The Altec Lansing's VS4121 that two cables has stated are also a good set to consider. I had forgotten about them...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambow70
View Post

Okok so now its the klipsch promedia 2.1 vs altec lansing vs4121 (i have altec lansing and i like them but they are only 2.0) I just really want hard bass for my computer. Discuss between the two.

Oh, I was just trying to illustrate how bad I think Logitech's speakers are because these VS4121s are supposed to be kinda low end.

The ProMedia 2.1's crush the VS4121s. Plus, I think the VS4121s are very difficult to find now.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;13055941
Oh, I was just trying to illustrate how bad I think Logitech's speakers are because these VS4121s are supposed to be kinda low end.

The ProMedia 2.1's crush the VS4121s. Plus, I think the VS4121s are very difficult to find now.
Oh haha ok, but they are 154.99, ill have to dig deep but i feel they will last a long time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts