Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athlon 64+ 3200 RETAIL BOX-$242
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra w/ PCI-E, Audio, GbLAN- $189
EL Platinum Limited Edition:
PC3200 DDR400 512MBx2 CAS2 (OCZ4001024ELDCPLE-K) $399
all pizes in canadian

so is this a good setup?..or can i get better for 1000$ after tax,it's like 950 total with tax and stuff

at www.canadacomputers.com

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peternorth
Athlon 64+ 3200 RETAIL BOX-$242
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra w/ PCI-E, Audio, GbLAN- $189
EL Platinum Limited Edition:
PC3200 DDR400 512MBx2 CAS2 (OCZ4001024ELDCPLE-K) $399
all pizes in canadian

so is this a good setup?..or can i get better for 1000$ after tax,it's like 950 total with tax and stuff

at www.canadacomputers.com
Sounds like a good setup for that money. What video card are you going with???

·
Banned
154 Posts
them MSI K8N Neo 4 boards are awsome, so is toe AMD prosesser. I used to be an Intel fan, but I'm liking AMD Prosessers nowadays. For some reason, they seem to handle more overclocking abuse than Intel. My case in point, Yours is better than mine. I'm jealous lol.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably going to go with a x800pro and softmod to XT.. cause the motherboard is not SLi...this is not even for me it's for a firend

·
Banned
205 Posts
im not really an amd fan ecuase ive had troubles b4, but thats not what im gonna talk about, i dont really like canada computers, too many problems with em, id try someone like hltechnology.com, ncix.com, bytewizecomputers.com, genitechcomputers.com or canadasys.com these all are pretty fair pricing and have good shipping cost and ive had no prolems with em.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
nice setup. I would go for a 3500+, and then go for the Geforces. but thats my opinion. dont listen to it. =P

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B
nice setup. I would go for a 3500+, and then go for the Geforces. but thats my opinion. dont listen to it. =P
and if u go to the pacific mall in toronto, canada computers, you can get good hook-ups because alot of the people there who are working are just stupid and desprate. lol =P

·
Banned
789 Posts
Looks like a nice setup you're going to have there...

The biggest suggestion I could make to you, and I can't stress it enough, is to go with the OEM version of the processor and buy yourself a better HSF. Other than that, looks like you have everything else well taken care of

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

i'am will look into the 3500+ but the motherbored only has one PCI-E, so no Sli,if it was Sli then i would get a Geforce..

i will look around at a few other locations...like the pacific mall one and yes i will get Oem

thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
712 Posts
We use those boards at work and I don;t like em... the BIOS is flaky sometimes with SATA drives and we've had 3 so far that randomly reset the bios for you.

edit

honestly I'd go with an Asus board if you can shell out the bucks.

I always say... there are only 3 computer parts you CANNOT skimp on... Motherboard, Power supply, and Memory.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what motherboard would you recommend?...it doesn't have to be Sli..just like one Pci-E will do.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peternorth
what motherboard would you recommend?...it doesn't have to be Sli..just like one Pci-E will do.
If you're looking for a well priced PCI-E mobo check out the EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra when it comes out, it will be priced somewhere between $100-$150 and more than likely closer to $100 than $150.

Xbit Labs claims that this is going to be one of the highest, if not THE highest overclockable nForce 4 boards to hit the market, they also rated it among the best in stability and reliability which is a major plus if you are going to be overclocking. It's also got the usual goodies like 8 channel sound, firewire, SATA w/ nVRAID, etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'm going to agree with hainer36 on the comp site. I ordered my ram and vid card from bytewizecomputers.com
now, they have some great prices on some things (like my ram for $274) but hd's and cpus are a little above average. but still they were easy to use and even gave free shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts