Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's certainly a great game. Picked it up on Christmas Deal and can't complain about it. Its Multiplayer is always busy, even after Vietnam's release.
I've also had a lot of fun on Left 4 Dead 2, if you like some Team-Survival-Gameplay with its really nice, especially with friends

·
User of the PC
2,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddd778
View Post

My friend has it and says there are a lot of hackers.

I dont even remember the last time I encountered a hacker in BC2. I play daily also, dont know what your friends talking about. Anyways I would give BC2 a try its pretty fun.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Yeah, BC2 is a sick game. I was hesitant to pick it up at first, but when I finally did, I didn't regret it in the least. Definitely recommend it.

Another really fun game is Team Fortress 2. I've had countless hours of fun with this game..it's my most played in my steam list.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So you only want the singleplayer? BC2 is only worth its money with the multiplayer. The Singleplayer sucks big time, as all FPS shooter singleplayer these days. If you want to play online, too, go for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love Bad Company 2 the destructible environments isn't some cheap feature to sell the game it actually adds a new element to the FPS genre. The combat is fast paced with being able to respawn on squadmates on the frontlines which also helps to keep squads to stick together (usually) and you get points for aiding squadmates.

As far as Team Fortress 2 I honestly don't care for it. Bring back the nades!! The random crits remove the skill from it to me and just turn it into a roll of the dice. I keep hearing people to tell me to try the non crit servers and maybe I will, but I love BC2 too much to find the time to get back into TF2. They do have some interesting mods I've run into though like playing dodgeball with a heatseeking rocket (have to use the pyro's airburst weapon to get it to switch to a new target) and a mod where you become a random object and have to hide while a player tries to find you and when they do you also become a hunter looking for players hidden as objects.

As far as bang for your buck you can't go wrong with getting Half-Life 2 if he doesn't somehow have it already.. just the plethora of mods that are free out there. One I played for the longest time was Neotokyo though I'm not sure how big that community is anymore sadly. Bad Company 2 ate up all my freetime (until the card finally died from old age).

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
1 person here who is forced to play BC2 with friends, and despises every aspect. Bugs all over the place, nothing but chaotic combat in which you'll be killed by random explosions half the time, and even less fun for someone just starting out. Also, all the guns are permanently silenced.

Not sure what to recommend at the moment; recent games haven't had a whole lot to show.

·
Registered
860 Posts
BFBC2 is just a camper's paradise and noob fest. Tubers + snipers , ghilli suit + VSS . They can just sit on the same spot throughout the whole game.

As for rush and conquest, u are just gonna get killed by random explosion and noobs who camps on your spawn points. Not to mention spawn killing..

yes the game is suppose to be realistic and staff but camon, video games are suppose to be fun and exciting. If u want a realistic game , then play Arma 2 or go out and join the military. How do u expect a game to be fun and at the same time realistic?

Seriously.. bfbc2 is a joke. Everyone is complaining about MW2 and how there are tons of campers.. to tell u the truth, im 7th prestige now and ive only came across less then 5 occasional idiot who camps but he wont last long in the game.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy^^Red
View Post

BFBC2 is just a camper's paradise and noob fest. Tubers + snipers , ghilli suit + VSS . They can just sit on the same spot throughout the whole game.

That's what a couple of guys thought yesterday 'till I put a 40mm grenade in one's head at point blank range.
I don't see how this is a campers paradise when you can blow away 90% of the walls in the game. If I stand still for more than 20 seconds no matter where I am someone will be after me weather it's from above, through the doors or through the wall.
I honestly think that the people who complain about campers are the ones who keep getting killed by the same sniper and do nothing but complain about it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Killing Floor!!! it's my favorite game right now. I have 78 games and I play Killing Floor 90% of the time. Killing Floor is a survival/FPS kind of like Left For Dead but it had a very different feel to it. I HATE Left For Dead ever since the first one but I LOVE killing Floor, I hope that gives you an idea of how different the two are.
In Killing Floor you have a team of up to 6 people and you have to survive up to 10 waves of zombies, then a boss. The waves get tougher each time of course, but there are class perks that you can level up to level 6. Higher level perks give you bonuses like more damage with weapons, less recoil, bigger ammo clips, and stuff like that. The zombies are human experiments gone wrong, thus they are called 'Specimens'. If that's your style of game give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts