Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good watercooling case under 150 that is NOT, I repeat, NOT the HAF 932. That will be a last resort because I personally think it is ugly as sin. I want something that will easily house a 220 / 240 or 360 radiator, without me needing to do much, if any case modding to make it happen. I've done my fair share on currrent case, don't really feel like doing more.

Also, what could I expect the total cost to be to cool a GPU, NB, CPU with a 220 or so rad and whatever case you decide on?

Thanks a lot.
In OCN love,

Graham

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
NZXT Tempest already predrilled for Swiftech dual rad and has good wiring apps. for near $90. There are others as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
antec 900?
I've heard the 900 doesn't do all that well with WCing, it's not more spacious than my cm 690, and I don't think I have room right now!

Also, @ other guy, tempest is a good suggestion, but I guess I should have said that I think it's pretty ugly too

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't get the tempest. I bought it and a piece of the sidepanel broke pulling it out of the box. Its a cheap case.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Don't get the tempest. I bought it and a piece of the sidepanel broke pulling it out of the box. Its a cheap case.
I've used the case in several builds and only had one issue on any: A friends kid pushed the start button so hard it needed pushing back out. Other than that, none. There are better but it fits the budget.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
HAF 932, It can fit a 360rad inside the top. ^^

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh View Post
Interesting, thanks for response. Is it triplerad roomy tho?
in the front yes, on the back or top no, on the top with modding. rear fits a dual perfect. i have a dual and triple, tripple in front taking up 9 drive bays

if i could start with a new case it would be a Coola Master Cosmos S, HAF isn't too aesthetically appealing to me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sickened1 View Post
HAF 932, It can fit a 360rad inside the top. ^^
did you read OP? No HAF932 suggestions please, that will be a last resort, because I think it is the ugliest design ever devised, especially with the
!!HAF!!
across the side.

EDIT: Looks like 1200 might be the way to go, assuming I bother upgrading from the trusty cm 690.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Oops my fault. Funny thing is i read all of it but the first whole sentence. After i saw the 150 i skipped down a line figuring nothing else would be important. Lesson learned. My apologizes.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh View Post
...do people not read OPs anymore?
GET THE HAF 932. Ohhh you mean you don't like it? tbh i think it looks like s*** too.

THE nzxt zero 2 should be able to fit 1 dual rad and one 240x240 rad at the side panel.

I think that the 1200 is the best watercooling case.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I would recommend the rocketfish case with some modding, unless already modded, can easily fit a 360 rad in the top and with a lot of modding a 240 on the front. Down side none are for sale buying used only option on craigslist or ebay.

As for cases you can buy new have a look here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=223835 consolidation of many peoples watercooling done completely internal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts