Overclock.net banner

GoofyxGrid

10888 26
It appears that goofy grid has made tasks to be reserved as CPU intensive. This is causing my quad core machines to stop getting any other work and sit idle.
I'm not quite sure what the reason is for them doing this. No announcement was made through the project notices.

http://goofyxgridathome.net/forum_thread.php?id=200
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Looks like I had some WUs that aborted today but mine are running ok. I just had a task restart and its NCI. The 2P isn't getting work and the PC with my FAH TC card seems to be Off for some reason. Will have to check on that when I get home. Might be time to put the window fan as that room is getting warmer now with nearly 80 degree outside temps.

I had seen the admin making new threads about the top like every day the other week and turned off accepting other work if my selections had no work.

· BOINC Cruncher
1,972 Posts
Could this be why I can't get tasks on my phone anymore?

· woot
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post

It appears that goofy grid has made tasks to be reserved as CPU intensive. This is causing my quad core machines to stop getting any other work and sit idle.
I'm not quite sure what the reason is for them doing this. No announcement was made through the project notices.

http://goofyxgridathome.net/forum_thread.php?id=200
this was created because of people who cried and cried not being able to get more points...
it was supposed to be an NCI project...

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Haha more points? Easy enough to add more BOINC instances. Someone was saying how 10 points was too much awhile back.

I checked once I got home. The BM that runs all the real projects was being inhibited and using 3x CPU slots for 4 tasks but wasn't actually using any CPU time. Pausing Goofy on the main BM started up 3 more Denis tasks. The other 11 BMs on that same PC were all running OK though. Still nothing for the 3570k(Ubuntu) 2P(Mint) or my Pi 2. Win7 is ok though.

Maybe setting app_config to be like 0.1 would allow for all 8 threads to run with Goofy.

The admin was trying to create an actual CPU project. What it would crunch, I have no idea.

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
This allows for all CPU threads to be used for GPU work and Goofy to not steal a thread for itself.

Code:

Code:
<app_config>
        <app_version>
                <app_name>monkeys_v1</app_name>
                <avg_ncpus>0.000001</avg_ncpus>
        </app_version>
        <app_version>
                <app_name>monkeys_v2</app_name>
        </app_version>
        <app_version>
                <app_name>monkeys_v3</app_name>
        </app_version>
        <app_version>
                <app_name>monkeys_v4</app_name>
        </app_version>
</app_config>
Edit: Not sure what broke with the other version as it inhibited 4 threads again. Trying this version someone posted on their forums. Linux/RPi has work again

· Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,654 Posts
Whoooo, glad it's back... Now if we can prod him some more about Android work units!
tongue.gif
Ahhh, the downsides of having Android as one of the main things >.>;;;;

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts

· Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

All 6 of my Android devices were able to get work today.

http://nci.goofyxgridathome.net/forum_thread.php?id=271
Glad to see its back up. Looks like all four of my Android devices are crunching Goofy again, which makes me happy. It's nice to see something listed as a project and it's actually being crunched ^_^

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts

· BOINC Cruncher
1,972 Posts
Like I said before, it's a train wreck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.