Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes that right www.google.com has a phone book. With your phone number in it! I was recently playing around with goole searching for randum stuff with a freind. I searched my Phone number and to my surprise the search came up with
My phone number
My Country
My State
My City
MY FREAKIN STREET ADDRESS!
A FRIGGEN MAP TO TO GET TO MY HOUSE!
I searched my firend phone numbers to see if this was some kind of wierd joke. It wasnt. Google has ur phone number on thier searches. My phone number is unlisted for a reason...I dont remember anyone from google asking if they could post that? I dunno i just dont want that kinda info about my residence on the most used search engine...
For removal
1.) www.googlecom
2.) Type in your phone number
xxx-XXX-XXXX
3.) Click on your phone number, it should bring you to another page with phone book removal on it
3.) Fill the simple form then in a day or two your off

I was like ***!? ...lol kinda disturbing

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
they gather stuff from all over, and phone numbers that are listed anywhere else, phonebook, etc., can technically be reposted on their service

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024
My number didnt show up :-/
I bet you that I could still find it with the required information.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i was searching the net for like an hour found quite a few sites i took myself off of

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
My number dosen't return a single page.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno if that extends to the uk. And almost everyone i know is listed on thier

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

I bet you could too....

I think I am the best example in the forum that you can always be found, the freedom of information act is like having your footprints logged into the internet.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
My number dosen't return a single page.
Same here

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
hehehe, my number comes up to someone and some address I've never heard of...I guess thats kinda like being unlisted!

·
Registered
712 Posts
That's why I use a cell phone... currently they can;t be publically listed so I'm save for now... at least till the marketing companies pay off the government and cell phone companies to list them...

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Yeah, I knew about this about a year ago...luckily we PAY to be unlisted & unpublished. That is the only way you will not end up automatically on those lists from the phone company. Now, if you buy anything and cannot check off a box for them to not share your info you are screwed. I know I have at least half a dozen catalogues coming via snail mail that I never ordered from.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts