Overclock.net banner

[GoogleBlog] “The Interview” now available on Google Play and YouTube Movies

5K views 52 replies 42 participants last post by  caenlen 
#1 ·
Link to Source!
Quote:
Last Wednesday Sony began contacting a number of companies, including Google, to ask if we'd be able to make their movie, "The Interview," available online. We'd had a similar thought and were eager to help-though given everything that's happened, the security implications were very much at the front of our minds.
Link to movie!

I will be renting this after the kids are in bed tonight!

Something I have always wanted, and even written letters to Amazon, Google, and Netflix, is getting movies released to streaming platforms at or very near launch in theaters. I have even suggested in those letters that they could charge more than a standard movie rental. In this case they are only charging $6 to watch it, so that is pretty damn sweet!

Either way, paying $30 to rent a movie and stream it on release or a week after theater release is still cheaper than taking a family to the movies. It also gives those of us that might not be able to make it to the theater for various reasons the chance to enjoy the new movies.

HOPEFULLY!

HOPEFULLY!

This little experiment will prove that movies can exist both in and out of theaters at the same time!

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by equlizer34 View Post

Not available in Canada
frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funguseater View Post

Guess Canadians have to look elsewhere... oh well they'd of had my $6 but instead
rolleyes.gif
There are more releases planned/in the works for broader markets. The other option is you just use a VPN to make them think you are in the U.S.A, I don't think they will care about the card info on file being Canadian.

#12 ·
Its on the Xbox Movie app as well (No sense in making another post)

Rented and watched it, Will put my opinion in spoilers
I enjoyed it, Not a perfect movie but I enjoyed MOST of it, Some jokes went WAY too far and on for too long which made some of it a bit forced, But other parts were rather amusing. Made some good points about the flaws of assassinating a Dictator and then took a third option.

TBH the North Koreans likely were pissed off not so much about the "Killing Kim Jung Un" bit, but more about what they do instead, Which is basically drag him out on the Talk Show first and then hit him with some actual questions and destroy the "mask" of godhood and divinity the Kim family has built up around themselves in front of the North Korean people. Yes they do end up killing Kim Jong Un, but not before discrediting the Regime in front of its people.

Minor complaint but I didnt like they used Navy Seals at the end versus the ROK Special Forces.. but its a minor complaint

I'd recommend it to most people, Albeit with a warning to stick it out to the end

#13 ·
They did this because no body can mess with google.
sniper.gif

#15 ·
Just bought it to support Sony, NK can get bent.

Murica.

#17 ·
Great news, let's watch it now
biggrin.gif

#19 ·
Just finished watching it.

I found it entirely unfunny and childish.
If you like Seth's films then I suppose you'll like this one but to me it seems the only reason anybody other than the aforementioned would enjoy the film is that it is patriotic (obviously towards the US, so I'm not really the target market here.)

I don't think it'll get a rating over 6.0 on any site other than IMDB.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIMP88 View Post

Pay to watch Youtube? Oh hell, it is starting.
Nope, I'm not going to pay $5.99 to "rent" the play button on a youtube video.

My local theater only costs $5 in comparison and movie rentals are only a dollar or two on Mondays at the local video store. Google, you crazy.

#24 ·
cant seem to watch the movie in the uk seems to be region looked

#25 ·
After watching it, I would have to say, I continue to understand why I have such a dislike for James Franco. He used to be decent, now he is just...*fill in the blank with your choice of a poop word*

As for the movie it self, I'll give it a 3.5/10. It had about 10 minutes of things that kinda made me grin, and an hour and a half of just sitting there bored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.